The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Old school FP Green 501whp

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucasEnglish

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 23, 2004
Washougal, Washington
So today I had car that we went from just a MAFT to DSM link SD on E85 was quite amaized to get 501whp at 28psi. Might be a little more left but I was happy.

Quick run down

-V3 lite SD
-fic 1100 high imp
-JE Crower Rod motor
-Old school HKS 272 cams
-ETS FMIC and cold air intake
-FP Green EX gate 44mm off of O2 housing
-3in TBE
-255hp intank and one inline Hobb activated
-Tune on E85 by me
-Halman MBC

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Yes stock intake Mani.

It will over run the reg and return line if both pumps are on all the time. Much easier and cheaper to just kick the 2nd one on when you are around 10psi.

I gotta thank Lucas for the amazing tune. Went to the track last month on a 450awhp tune with the translator for a baseline but broke the shift fork on the first pass. So upgraded the tranny and went to a qm twin disk. Last night I went back to the track. I knew it had good potential so I let off at the 1000' each run while trying to get the launch down. Unfortuneately traction was an issue all night so I barely cut a 1.7 60' on the last two runs of the night. So with time running out for the night I didnt lift and went 11.3@127 then as the last car for the night I went all out spinning through first I was able to get [email protected] with a 1.76 60'.
Car is full weight, full interior plus all my junk in the car. Tires were Falcon Zexius 225/55/16 at 21psi and a launch on the final run @5250rpms

I actually have an old school FP Green on my car right now. I am so amazed to see these numbers. I believe the only things holding me back from huge numbers is I'll only be using 93 octane, no meth once I start tuning.

Have you tuned any FP Greens with ONLY pump gas? What numbers have you seen?

In edition what CR is the setup, what motor is this? 1g or 2g/evo1-3? I assume since it was running a maft and now v3 lite, it's a dsm; not an evo4-9 ;) . Also, is this corrected horsepower? Impressive either way.

In edition what CR is the setup, what motor is this? 1g or 2g/evo1-3? I assume since it was running a maft and now v3 lite, it's a dsm; not an evo4-9 ;) . Also, is this corrected horsepower? Impressive either way.

Its a 90 Talon with a 6 bolt and the numbers are uncorrected

I am not really sure but I assume its a std JE 8:0 to 9:0 range comp motor.

I actually have an old school FP Green on my car right now. I am so amazed to see these numbers. I believe the only things holding me back from huge numbers is I'll only be using 93 octane, no meth once I start tuning.

Have you tuned any FP Greens with ONLY pump gas? What numbers have you seen?

Back in 2003, I went 11.50@120 on an FPGreen and 93 octane. 25psi pump gas. Put an 8cm housing on and went 123mph on pump, but never got a good ET to back it up. Only tuning tools were a GM MAFT (for metering purposes only) and an AFC. Never took it to the dyno, but you can get a feel for what the turbo was able to do.

Back in 2003, I went 11.50@120 on an FPGreen and 93 octane. 25psi pump gas. Put an 8cm housing on and went 123mph on pump, but never got a good ET to back it up. Only tuning tools were a GM MAFT (for metering purposes only) and an AFC. Never took it to the dyno, but you can get a feel for what the turbo was able to do.

This is great to know. :thumb:
I'm starting to lean towards the direct bolt-on applications instead of bothering with fab'ing parts to make other turbos work for my 1G.

Bolton's have done wonderful things. When the stock maifold is swapped out, when the stock/evo o2 housing is swapped out, ... :) The 2g/evo3 manifold isn't that much of a restriction (the OP has had much success with one), but other manifolds cost under $300 which allow alot more favorable turbine housings.

But you gotta love the 2g manifold bolton hx40 cars doing 140mph and 10s :) .

Bolt-on's have done wonderful things. When the stock maifold is swapped out, when the stock/evo o2 housing is swapped out, ... :) The 2g/evo3 manifold isn't that much of a restriction (the OP has had much success with one), but other manifolds cost under $300 which allow alot more favorable turbine housings. But you gotta love the 2g manifold bolton hx40 cars doing 140mph and 10s :) .

No one can even fathom to begin a debate about how the Holsets have made a DSM name for themselves. :thumb: The 1G that I have is my daily driver and I really can't afford to have something unplanned happen during the installation of a Holset (i.e. - oil, drainage, pipe, etc.) which is why I'm considering a bolt-on application to get me into the 450-500whp level on E85 @ 30PSI. When I read this thread, it gave me hope that it's possible. :hellyeah:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back