The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Old School DSM & 4G63 goodness-Ads, Commercials, Tuning etc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alright guys, here you go... Enjoy! Anybody see their car?:p

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Fantastic brochure.. very nice to see. I feel a little melancholy looking through those pictures though, knowing that the Normal plant will be closing soon. I need to make it to Factory MOD this year; the last one ever! One final "hurrah!"

4G63 was only 2 liter.

The Mirage Coupe has 4G61 DOHC turbo engine.

Good catch, got a little ahead of myself. Indeed is the 4G61T, which was the only 16V DOHC in the engine line up and was reincarnated as the 4G63T.

Couple of more factory pics.
Pic 1, doors
Pic 2, Dept Manager
Pic 3, First car to be exported

Another scan for the thread.
Mitsubishi announces intent to challenge for the World Rally Championship with the debut of the Galant VR-4.

Have not been able to get on in a while but thought I would make time today.

Here is a photo of Koffel's Talon on delivery day. This was either late 89' or early 90'.
The best pass was
1/4 Mile: 6.693 ET, 214.28 MPH
1/8 Mile: 4.399 ET, 168.00 MPH

Is that 4G powered? Anywhere we can see the details about the car?

The car has changed hands recently and according to 4g63t's post is up for sale again. I don't know much about the cars recent history, but the fact that the car is still around and racing is a testament to the build quality of the body and frame.
The car was commissioned by Dave Koffel in the late 80's. Dave reached out to Jody Schmeisser & Dave Devito to build the car. Jody Schmeisser and Dave Devito’s shop was called S & D Race Cars. Jody told me he recalls going to the dealer and crawling around the car gathering all the measurements to go back to the shop to hand fabricate the body. There is no donor car. The material of choice was a carbon fiber composite. Well ahead of the time for sure.
Doors and hatch were commissioned by Harry’s Glass of Jacksonville Florida. Harry still offers these components for sale on his website, made to order.
http://www.hairyglass.com/eagle%20talon.html
The engine and heads were designed and built by Koffel’s Place. Dave Koffel and his sons Rich and Scott had the vision for the car right from the beginning. Rich built the motor and Scott worked on the assembly and setup.
Later the car was sold to Chicago Blackhawks goalie Ed Belfour. He would use this car to earn his IHRA license.

That plate is interesting. I have a plate very similar to that from 2009 commemorating the 3 Millionth vehicle produced.

No point in owning one of these if I'm not going to share, so...

This thread is fantastic.
I absolutely love reading the history surrounding these cars. Thank you to all of the contributors.

No point in owning one of these if I'm not going to share, so...

Where can we find a clean copy of that 1988 DSM logo (sun with diamond in the center)?

Where can we find a clean copy of that 1988 DSM logo (sun with diamond in the center)?

The logo in the above plate doesn't scan in at all as it is very lightly etched so maybe these? I've got a good feeling one of our friendly Photoshop experts could make something with them.

The logo in the above plate doesn't scan in at all as it is very lightly etched so maybe these? I've got a good feeling one of our friendly Photoshop experts could make something with them.

Thank you! I will see if those will scan. I'm not skilled in Photoshop, but if soneone in here is, please try it out.

Guess they had the same company producing awards/plaques for awhile.

Thank you! I will see if those will scan. I'm not skilled in Photoshop, but if soneone in here is, please try it out.

@gofer

Guess they had the same company producing awards/plaques for awhile.
And why not. :)

I can only imagine how little they actually cost to produce, especially when there is thousands of them at a time. They do make neat little mementos.

And one more that may not have been posted yet:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back