The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Oil Pump Brand?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97egl

Proven Member
Feb 6, 2014
Brownsburg, Indiana
I have a 91 GST that I am in the process of rebuilding (blown headgasket and then sat for 10 years so the cylinders rusted) Anyways I pulled the engine to hone the block and the oil pump was very new looking as well as the water pump. Water pump says AISIN on it so looks like the guy that put parts in it 10 years ago wasn't buying garbage but the oil pump has nothing I could see to make out a brand. I'm debating if I should use this one or slap a used factory one on that I got laying around. Based on the non OEM style gold bolts it looks like it would be an ACL. STM Tuned says not for high powered builds on their site but they don't define high powered. Wondering opinions on using this pump or a used factory pump. Shooting for around 350 hp but I'm sure if I make it to 350 il want more power so I don't want to limit myself by an oil pump. Now if they're meaning 600 hp by high powered I seriously doubt this car will ever see that
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

All of my 4g motor builds have ran ACL pumps and held up fine. I take them apart and clean and check clearances then reassemble with assembly lube and have no complaints or issues. You "can" help it flow a bit better but unless you know what your doing on radiusing and where NOT to get it to thin or you will ruin it but thats for another discussion.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back