The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

2G No power to fuel pump

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Layne97gst

Probationary Member
Jun 13, 2018
north zulch, Texas
I have a 1997 mitsubishi eclipse gst 2 liter turbo that's a manual, that I just put a new alternator on,it has crank and air but no power to fuel pump but all fuses are good and lighting up so what could it be

Hey how are you checking power to the fuel pump? I might be wrong, but I think on these cars the pump only activates while engine is cranking. It does not "prime" with just ignition switch on like other vehicles. Thank you for your time, Jason Penny

The ECU controls the fuel pump. When it wants the pump on it pulls the signal line from the fuel pump relay to ground. That causes the relay to switch on and power the pump.

I've seen people blow the transistor on the ECU that switches the signal by jumpering the wrong pins on the relay or ECU with 12v. Normally the resistance of the relay coil protects the transistor.

Get out the multimeter and start checking the circuit. It will be clear in short order where it's failing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back