The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G no dash lights in my 1990 awd TSi!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackjdm90

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 1, 2008
Vail, Arizona
I have been searching this for a while now and I have not come across a solution to fix my problem. To start off, I had a friend install a CD deck in my car while I was at work so I wouldn't have to (big mistake). While he was installing it he didn't remove the negative side of the battery and he also cut the stock deck harness off the plugs and hard wired each wire to the Sony cables on my deck. While doing this he must have crossed some wires and burned up something to make my dash lights not work anymore. I have checked all my fuses where it says "gauges" and none of those are blown. could there be another set of fuses I have not checked or just overlooked? Or possibly could I just put new lights in on a relay and have a toggle switch for my dash lights to work again? This has become a real headache and I have not found any similar forums discussing this topic. Any help would be great! Thanks everyone!

=Pat

Yep i have no dash lights switch is fried several times. Fixed in about 15 minutes to change it out,

The dimmer switch is the little one you turn clockwise and counterclockwise or the one you use up and down? It has been so long since my dash lights have worked so I am not quite sure which one to replace. Also, would any year of 1g work to replace it or just a 1990? thanks!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back