The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

New Throttle body, light gas pedal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2GEEZEY

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 6, 2009
Elgin, Illinois
I just installed this aftermarket throttle body, built with BBK.

I got it in, now the gas pedal is super light, takes nothing to get it to the floor, i tried adjusting the throttle cable, but it raises the idle and not the firmness in the pedal.

any ideas?

It's most likely because its not stock and has a differen spring rate.

well if it is returning to the closed position then i would say... good deal. my other 2g had an extremely stiff pedal untile i pulled the motor and re-installed it. turns out the rotary assembly was just dry, little lube upon re-assembly and it was much softer.

Those throttle bodies have really soft springs.

Like stated earlier, the spring on the BBK throttle bodies are extremely soft resulting in a feather light gas pedal. That along with the major boost leak problems I'm having with my BBK throttle body is one of the reasons I'm changing it back to a 1G throttle body.

You can replace the BBK throttle body with the stock throttle spring though. :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back