1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G new here with a wiring mess of a 95 Eclipse 2.0 m/t 420A

Posted by diablo75303, Sep 21, 2019

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. diablo75303

diablo75303 Probationary Member

Joined Sep 21, 2019
    North Platte, Nebraska
    hello all Im working on a recently acquired 95 Eclipse 2.0 420A M/T and whoever owned it last really butchered the engine harness and I also cannot figure out what all cables go to the positive and negative sides of the battery.I will try posting pics when I can .

2. BLACK'98DSM

BLACK'98DSM Proven Member

Joined Feb 9, 2019
    Hoover, Alabama
    The negative cable on the battery is very simple. That should be the least of the concerns for now.

Pictures would be great. It would also be great if you could make a DSM profile.

:thumb:

Road Race Build 2K  25

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM

335  3

2012 Murray Explorer Dune
    rwd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

250  6

2009 Troy Bilt Bronco
    rwd · automatic · Misc Vehicles
  3. Blinkyblinx9

Blinkyblinx9 Probationary Member

Joined Jan 22, 2019
    Clinton, Iowa
    My 95 is a 4g63 but the battery and most of the electrical outside of and possibly including engine related circuits should be the same. The negative battery terminal has 2 wires, both black with a yellow stripe, 6awg and 8awg if I'm not mistaken. One grounds sort of above/behind the battery on the firewall. The other wire I'm not sure but I think it's a ground for the starter.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019

113  1

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
    fwd · automatic · 2G DSM
    BLACK'98DSM likes this.