The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G New dyno numbers! 697whp 591wtq Bc272 pte6266

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keltalon

Supporting VIP
Jun 29, 2003
Luthersville Ga, Atlanta, Georgia
Well I have been on this quest for a while to break the 700whp mark. My only issue was getting fuel to the engine. I had a buddy of mine recommend a kene belle boost a pump and that did the trick. The boost a pump is sending a constant volt of 17.5 to my walbro 450. To keep the pump from from running 17.5 volts all the time I have a 5psi hobbs switch that activate the boost a pump when I enters boost. Unfortunately I missed 700whp by a small margin due to some issues that stopped the dyno session Therefore I will address this issue and resume the quest in two weeks.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

If you plot my current dyno sheet to my previous one you can catch a glimpse of the issue I encounter at the dyno. At 4800rpm on my previous dyno I was already at 501lbs of torque and 498whp but on this run I was only making 301tq@4800rpm and 297whp@4800rpm. This issue was my turbo it failed. It has been sent in to precision for inspection and a verdict will be rendered next week on whether they will cover the damage under warranty or not. With the additional fuel the car has awaken big time. I will be swapping the bc 272s out to compare them to the new bc276 overlay dyno will be posted. The bc276 which I think will complement the jmf manifold better than current bc272 which was installed to match the ported cyclone manifold. Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Oh boy... man im sorry to hear about the turbo. And i have a fear that they will say "improper oiling or drain" or some other bullshit to blame it on you. Keep us posted on the verdict.
You have what? Under 500 miles on that? Maybe a 1,000? Thats the BB unit too. I have a PTE thats pulled hard as hell for nearly 5k miles but I would never buy another from them. Just the stories.

Anyway, dude, you could practically say you hit the 700 mark! And with the cams even more.

I really really hope, cause i know you have went through a million turbos, that PTE treats you right. You can always let them know that if they play the blame game that it will end up on line where a LOT of us will see yet another PTE customer service debacle. Congrats and my hopes are with ya brother

Oh and in the unfortunate case they want a grand to fix your turbo just go with an FP and be done with it. Or BW, BEP. Id say FP 37XX

Well its been on the car since August 2013 and yes they have already alluded to some possibilities of causes for the failure. They said that this line of ball bearing units are rebuildable I definitely will not pay a grand for the rebuild for sure. I can get a 6266 gen 2 for s little more than that. At either rate I will be back on the dyno in 2 weeks to finish what was started. Lol

Rough estimate of mileage?
The light comes on around 260 miles on e-85 I will drive it to 285 miles and when I fill up it takes 13.2 gallons. Although mitsubishi says we have a 16 gallon tank on the 2g fwd. If I try to do a wot pull after the light is on n the car stalls because the little gas that's left in the tank get thrown to the back of the tank from the lateral g's created by the car. Now on a tank of gas 93 octane I turn the boost down to wastegate pressure which is 25psi and then I can get around 330 miles off a tank before filling up again. Success of the gas mileage IMO is the lope separation angle of the bc272 I have them set (exhaust cam zero intake cam retard 8 degrees) this give me good idle and excellent off boost power in the lower rpm range. I know this is going to change with the bigger 276 cam which has specs very similar to the gsc2 and the kelford 272 similar lift, similar duration, as measured on a cam analyzer and simliar lobe center lines.

Last edited:
That thing is a mean beast! Looks like the Boost a Pump is working well for you.
Yes the boost a pump is doing its job exceptionally well. I did a lot of research before buying it. I even went so far as to hang out in the mustang and supra forums asking those who had it installed every possible question I could thing of and I must say there were no negative response at all. The only problem I ran into was that , when I first installed it, it kept blowing the 40 amp fuse that came with the kit. so I made a call to kenne belle and the first question they ask me was, "Was I using an after market fuel pump" when I told them I was using a walbro 450, they told me that the 40amp fuse was for use with a stock pump and that I needed to get a bigger fuse because the 450 was putting more load on the boost a pump and causing it to draw more amperage than normal. So I went to the local radio shop and bought a 60amp inline fuse and all was good.

Because of the load the 450 was putting on the boost a pump is the main reason I didn't hard wire it but used the 5psi hobbs switch to active the boost a pump only when I am in boost. I am even considering installing an adjustable pressure switch to only activate the boost a pump around 20 psi because the 450 can handle my set up, up to 28 psi safely on 12 volts just a thought. I remind you I am still on stock lines with a magnus fuel rail!!!!!

Interesting. I was vague: how many miles were on the TURBO before it crapped out?

btw: Im betting the new cams will put you up around 720

Nice numbers! Can you possibly PM me about full fuel setup? Are you using the stock 2G sending unit? You have just a single 450 on e85 correct? PTFE lined hoses? -8AN to rail / -6AN return? Thanks man hope you hard good things from PTE.

Nice numbers! Can you possibly PM me about full fuel setup? Are you using the stock 2G sending unit? You have just a single 450 on e85 correct? PTFE lined hoses? -8AN to rail / -6AN return? Thanks man hope you hard good things from PTE.
My fuel set up consist of the basics.
Stock lines
Rewired walbro 450
Magnus fuel rail
Kenne Belle 40amp Boost a pump. 17.5 volts triggered by 5 psi hobbs switch.
Fuel pressure regulator.
Fic 2150cc Hi Z injectors

Say you moved to -6an or 8an line, do you think the boost a pump would be necessary with a walbro 450?
Not for sure and didn't want to take a chance considering the boost a pump cost the same as a complete line upgrade and took less than 30 minutes to install.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back