The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

New Dyno numbers, getting ready for a race.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRNDSM

May 16, 2002
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Guys,

I know haven’t posting much lately, but with my Green Machine in storage over the winter, I was concentrating on my 4G63 powered TR7 project.

I got the car out of storage last weekend and to make sure that it is still in fighting shape, I took to a local 2WD DynoJet. Not only was back where it left off last year, it was exceeded its power on the same dyno by over 100hp! It made 613hp at 35psi of boost (most boost I have ever ran on a dyno).

I am pretty excited about Import Wars at NED this Saturday. I will post the ETs, as they become available.

Last night I only got one run in before a monsoon came in and put an abrupt end to our night of racing. But I did better my previous best with a 10.123 @ 138mph run :).

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

What is better, I got to do this against '05 Viper :)

Sweet :) so close to a 9 you can smell it. How was the 60ft and 1.8th mile ET/Trap? 7.1'ish@109'ish?

Great times, you will definitely get in to single digits this year at that pace. One question, is that right when your info says you put down 613whp/ 384ft/lb, I would have thought there would have been a lot more torque to go along with the 613whp? Just curious, cause I dont remember seeing a car with that much horsepower and the torque being below 400.

I do not want a lot torque. I prefer to make my car fast through HP. Which means that I just have to keep “OK torque” but in a higher RPM range.

I think that as long as you can shift at high RPMs that is a better way of preserving your drivetrain. And with my Shep tranny, I have no problems with shifting :).

I believe that my Venom intake is killing my bottom/mid range, but giving me a great top end. Which is just fine by me.

rdrkt said:
I have a Venom intake manifold too ;)

Yea, but you also have a strocker, so you will continue to brake those drivetrain parts :). I haven’t broken anything in my drivetrain in almost 3 years (pretty much since I have installed my Venom intake), including using the same Shep tranny.

GRNDSM said:
Yea, but you also have a strocker, so you will continue to brake those drivetrain parts :). I haven’t broken anything in my drivetrain in almost 3 years (pretty much since I have installed my Venom intake), including using the same Shep tranny.
You better be knocking on wood when you say that buddy :D

PS you never emailed me.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back