The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G New dyno numbers! 697whp 591wtq Bc272 pte6266

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks. Question why in the world would I have high oil pressure? Just curious.
I don't know why you'd specifically have high oil pressure. I just implied it because that's usually what blows PTE turbo's, high oil pressure...

I don't know why you'd specifically have high oil pressure. I just implied it because that's usually what blows PTE turbo's, high oil pressure...
Oh! I see. I have some speculations as to what happened I am just waiting until pte confirm after inspection. I will update after their verdict. The waiting game is a nail biting 1700.00 experience if you know what I mean. LOL

Kel- be persistent....PTE's likely going to try everything in their power to decline warranty- that's just what they do. It's no secret that their customer base is their entire R&D department on the customer's dime. In fact, it's highly possible that they're going to invent some problem, likely oil-related, to decline warranty repair even if the turbo was oiled exactly as they describe. Be ready to tell them exactly what they want to hear regarding oiling information even if it means having someone else call and ask what the recommended operating oil pressure is for their ball bearing turbos.

Do whatever it takes- there's absolutely NO reason a $1700 ball bearing turbo should fail in such little time if it's built and balanced properly when it leaves the vendor.

If they do warranty the turbo, sell it when you get it back and put that money toward something Garrett-based like a FP 3586 or 3794 so you can get out of this rut of turbo companies that either don't know what they're talking about (Comp) or builds a product that performs awesome for 5 minutes (PTE).

Kel- be persistent....PTE's likely going to try everything in their power to decline warranty- that's just what they do. It's no secret that their customer base is their entire R&D department on the customer's dime. In fact, it's highly possible that they're going to invent some problem, likely oil-related, to decline warranty repair even if the turbo was oiled exactly as they describe. Be ready to tell them exactly what they want to hear regarding oiling information even if it means having someone else call and ask what the recommended operating oil pressure is for their ball bearing turbos.

Do whatever it takes- there's absolutely NO reason a $1700 ball bearing turbo should fail in such little time if it's built and balanced properly when it leaves the vendor.

If they do warranty the turbo, sell it when you get it back and put that money toward something Garrett-based like a FP 3586 or 3794 so you can get out of this rut of turbo companies that either don't know what they're talking about (Comp) or builds a product that performs awesome for 5 minutes (PTE).
Thanks for the input justin. I am hearing horror stories about their warranties.

Thanks for the input justin. I am hearing horror stories about their warranties.
Well been talking with pte today and its looking very promising that the turbo will be covered. This is a big relief to know I might not have to sink another 1700.00 for a new turbo. I can breath a little easy but confirmation will come later today!

Still nothing yet! While waiting I have read quite a few articles on the different companies and their turbo history here is a good read http://www.enginebasics.com/Advanced Engine Tuning/Precision vs Garrett vs Borg Warner.html. I guess you will have to determine for yourself.

I got a text message from a friend yesterday asking have I heard anything from precision just on a decision? I said nope! and his next statement was somewhat like a wake up call he said Kel , I have never delt with precision and you have been doing this a long time are you holding your breath? He sent me a couple of links and said if you are then you need to exhale and move forward, buy yourself another turbo, and if they fix yours under warranty then get it back and sell it to offset your cost of the new turbo. this was the second time this week this was said to me. Now to add to those recommendations

I did find this out that a new compressor wheel, new turbine wheel and new ball bearing housing section with all necessary seals cost (parts only) estimated $700.00 you add this to the labor to clean, assemble , balance and ship the unit I will be looking , as was stated in an above post almost a $1000.00 just for a rebuild:argue:.

So I manage to find a brand new gen2 6266 for about that price (A good freind in a high place):shhh: the turbo will be here friday. I went this route for 4 reasons (1) This will give me a chance to see what this new gen 2 wheel is all about. (2) I always give second chances. (3)This gives me an opportunity to save up a couple grand just in case its true that the pte air cooled turbo is a bad design as some turbo experts believe. (4) also gives me an opportunity to run the oil and drain the way pte recommend that way if the turbo blow up like the last one then they can't say it was because of my oil feed and return set up!

I still hope they warranty the unit if they don't I am going to pay to have it shipped back to me in the same box I sent it to them in, this way I can give it a proper decent burial after 10 month it deserve that at least:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Wow sorry man but hey ive spent money left and right over a twenty year span on this and that but that's some change though, never owned a pte, so cant comment.

Wow sorry man but hey ive spent money left and right over a twenty year span on this and that but that's some change though, never owned a pte, so cant comment.
Couple years old now I but still very relevant:
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=481264

It's lengthy, but sheds a lot of light on that nasty debacle and the type of businessman Harry (PTE) is.

You can draw your own conclusions. Hopefully they come through for you.
I am on page 30 can't stop reading. Should have found this 11 months ago!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back