The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

New car new paint

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakelandry

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 13, 2009
Minden, Louisiana
Hey everyone i finally got some down time from work and school this summer and got my newest dsm in paint.. I dont have any decent pics of it yet and with it being 110 degrees outside it hasnt been buffed so forgive me. However the story behind this one is..

I totaled my last dsm (As can be seen here) http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/app...rastic-update-dsm-world-will-ever-see-me.html
(And by i totaled i mean a dumbass pulled out in front of me) about a month and a half after i got it out of paint. So i finally had an excuse to find a gsx. Well after months and months of searching i found this
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

It was a whopping 2500 dollars because " Its too powerful for my daughter and i think the slave cylinder is going out". Car had a 6 bolt swap with 45k on the motor and 90k on the car. And being as awd dsm's arent easy to find in Louisiana I made the 6 hour trip and was there within 20 hours of finding it. I am a bodyman so it was perfect for me. Well to make a long story shorter i got it in paint about 2 months ago and this is how she looks now!

I know some people are like why is he even posting this but i remember before i painted either of my cars i used to love getting on here and seeing fresh paint on a dsm.. also im open to suggestions on future appearance mods. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with the tint.. I really want a cf hood, but im still in the process of trying to get a little more speed out of it.. I cant do much as far as a lip goes cause northern la roads are some of the worst in the US.. i swear.

Nice rims, which kind?

Theyre exel tz-10's.. i picked them up forever ago from a local guy for dirt cheap.. they were silver but i painted them.

Im glad everyone likes it.. i can just remember how much i used to love going through here looking for pics of new paint LOL. In case anyone is interested the paint isnt factory... its viper red paint code is "prn".

Home Depot Racing makes a lip that would be perfect for those bad roads you have. Would protect the bottom of your bumper and set it that car off.

Another thing I thought of that is a nice touch but a bit understated are lugs. Have you thought of anodized lugs? They can be found in nearly any color. STM has a decent selection.

Home Depot Racing makes a lip that would be perfect for those bad roads you have. Would protect the bottom of your bumper and set it that car off.

Another thing I thought of that is a nice touch but a bit understated are lugs. Have you thought of anodized lugs? They can be found in nearly any color. STM has a decent selection.

Yea i really do want some red ones, i mean everything else on the whole car is black or red.. may as well have red lugs.

Home Depot makes a lip, huh? :toobad:

Please, whatever you do OP, don't do the HDR lip, nothing says I am cheap DSM owner more than putting rubber weather stripping around your bumper and calling it a "lip."

Take a look at the Seat Cupra R lip, it can be made to fit for our cars, and it actually looks good, and not cheap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SEAT...rQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_500wt_1182

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/appearance-interior-exterior/193722-cupra-r-euro-front-lip-2gs.html

Home Depot makes a lip, huh? :toobad:

Please, whatever you do OP, don't do the HDR lip, nothing says I am cheap DSM owner more than putting rubber weather stripping around your bumper and calling it a "lip."

Take a look at the Seat Cupra R lip, it can be made to fit for our cars, and it actually looks good, and not cheap.

SEAT CUPRA R LIP SPOILER (OEM) | eBay

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/appearance-interior-exterior/193722-cupra-r-euro-front-lip-2gs.html

Yes it does fit and look good. Disregard the left side of the car a deer tried to commit suicide one night. I bought my lip over a year ago for $80 shippedOMG

Attachments

• gsx front 2.JPG
    gsx front 2.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 394
Both of those lips are a bad idea if you live in a place like me and the op live. It will be destroyed inside of a month.

The HDR lip looks fine, and it keeps you from grinding the front of your bumper off. And it costs like 15$ and is more durable. Not everyone lives in a state that can manage to build a decent road. Not everyone lives in the city where you don't have to worry about insanely shitty roads.

Both of those lips are a bad idea if you live in a place like me and the op live. It will be destroyed inside of a month.

The HDR lip looks fine, and it keeps you from grinding the front of your bumper off. And it costs like 15$ and is more durable.

I live in a state consistently voted amongst the worst roads in the country, stop slamming your cars like idiots and get a proper drop of 1.3 to 1.5 inches and it will be fine. The HDR lip does not look fine, it looks like a cheap piece of junk that a ricer put on their car.

http://www.businessinsider.com/worst-state-road-systems-2010-7#1-rhode-island-10

I live in a state consistently voted amongst the worst roads in the country, stop slamming your cars like idiots and get a proper drop of 1.3 to 1.5 inches and it will be fine. The HDR lip does not look fine, it looks like a cheap piece of junk that a ricer put on their car.

10 States With The Worst Roads And Bridges

I have a 1.5 and ive had to reroute my exhaust 2 times cause it kept getting crushed on holes and bumps... shreveport la roads are by far the worse ive experienced in my entire life..i dont even take the interstate cause my car bottoms out 5-8 times just riding through the length of the city. I would love a lip but it would get ripped off instantaneously.. plus the bottom of my front bumper scrapes going up my driveway as it is...

I really wouldnt mind getting my hands on some solid cf fog inserts, but i dont know that they would stay in with the vrsf kit...

I am at stock suspension height. I still have issues with county roads. Pot holes you can not get around without going into the opposite lane, washouts after storms, my own driveway is a mile long and has speed bumps that the 2gb front bumper will not clear even at stock height. You also live in providence which I believe is the biggest city? I don't have any issues in and around town, its county roads that suck. They can't seem to figure out that a roadbed needs to thick than an inch and half.

If you think you can't custom build something for less cash than it takes to purchase something new off the shelf then your an idiot clear and simple. The lip I have is made from black poly and is indistinguishable from any other simple lip. And it is a hell of a lot more durable then Carbon Fiber which is brittle and cracks easily. This stuff is cheap enough that I could replace it every month if I wanted.

Just some pics to clarify that if you know what the hell your doing you can make a simple lip for about 10$

About perfectly Executed :

Not completly straight but from 10+ feet you probably couldn't tell

Even the evo guys are doing it:

2g With HDR Lip :

Ion Redline with HDR Lip :

Another clean ass 1g with hdr lip

Then there is this clearly less is more with a HDR lip

Another fail attempt at HDR lip
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=47123&d=1108773920

Hey man your car looks good! I'm currently in the process of re-doing mine and I'm hoping for great results. Sweet wheels.

I am at stock suspension height. I still have issues with county roads. Pot holes you can not get around without going into the opposite lane, washouts after storms, my own driveway is a mile long and has speed bumps that the 2gb front bumper will not clear even at stock height. You also live in providence which I believe is the biggest city? I don't have any issues in and around town, its county roads that suck. They can't seem to figure out that a roadbed needs to thick than an inch and half.

If you think you can't custom build something for less cash than it takes to purchase something new off the shelf then your an idiot clear and simple. The lip I have is made from black poly and is indistinguishable from any other simple lip. And it is a hell of a lot more durable then Carbon Fiber which is brittle and cracks easily. This stuff is cheap enough that I could replace it every month if I wanted.

Just some pics to clarify that if you know what the hell your doing you can make a simple lip for about 10$

About perfectly Executed :

Not completly straight but from 10+ feet you probably couldn't tell

Even the evo guys are doing it:

2g With HDR Lip :

Ion Redline with HDR Lip :

Another clean ass 1g with hdr lip

Then there is this clearly less is more with a HDR lip

Another fail attempt at HDR lip
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=47123&d=1108773920

And you can continue to be one of the cheap ricer DSM owners that others complain about in other threads.

:rolleyes:

Your car is classy Jakelandry, don't take away it's class by doing something cheap and gaff like an HDR "lip."

The Seat lip is made of durable and pliable plastic, not CF, unfortunately some people decided to not read the lip but make an argument for the cheap route they took. The plastic is black, it's not painted, so even if you do scuff it, it will continue to look good. No matter what you say about your roads, proof is in the pudding, RI has the worst roads, and I have never once had a problem with the lip on Megan coilovers.

Your car is gorgeous man, red is really the only color id want besides black.

Clean car sir, looks great.

Boostinsideways, the 2 red 1gs you posted are the same car. It's a local guy, just different fmic's.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back