1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Need help with blower asap

Posted by hoonigane, Feb 13, 2019

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication
  1. hoonigane

hoonigane Proven Member

Joined Jan 4, 2018
    Siauliai, Europe
    Need help because its winter and my blower isnt working on my daily. 1992 eclipse gs. Backstory is blower motor started making some annoying sounds. It sometimes wouldnt turn on at all. I ordered another blower and it still makes that same annoying sound. The guy that sent me the blower says it didnt make any sounds for him. Today it stopped working completely. Neither of the motor spins it just lows the fuse out. If i put it on 1 2 3 it does nothing i put it on 4 and it blows a fuse. Put another fuse and it repeats. Could it be relay messing up or what? Any help is appreciated.
    Edit: both blowers used to make a sound like this just that the new was spinning faster. I wouldnt care for the sound that much rn just that it would defrost my windows :D

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019

Featured Products from our Supporting Vendors

2. silvreclips

silvreclips Proven Member

Joined Jul 19, 2005
    Greenville, South Carolina
    There is a resistor pack that slows the blow down on speeds below 4. That's probably bad if it only works on high. Start there.

hoonigane and tametalon92 like this.
  3. EagleGarage

EagleGarage Probationary Member

Joined Feb 19, 2017
    Richardson, Texas
    Yeah I would check the resistor pack and any wire shortages

Drag Race Build 274  2

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM

Street Build 278  1

1991 Eagle Talon TSi
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
    hoonigane likes this.
  4. hoonigane

hoonigane Proven Member

Joined Jan 4, 2018
    Siauliai, Europe
    Is resistor the one near blower itself connected to one connection? Or is it a relay in fuse box?

5. hoonigane

hoonigane Proven Member

Joined Jan 4, 2018
    Siauliai, Europe
    And it doesnt work on high tho it just blows the fuse

6. hoonigane

hoonigane Proven Member

Joined Jan 4, 2018
    Siauliai, Europe
    If you guys talking about this one been in all shops nobody said they have it

Attached Files:

7. silvreclips

silvreclips Proven Member

Joined Jul 19, 2005
    Greenville, South Carolina
    No that doesn't look like it. I'm not sure where it's located in the 1g but they are usually close to the blower motor. If it pops the fuse immediately on high then you must have a short. Put a meter on the wiring and see if it goes to ground. Unplug the blower motor and turn the knob on high. Does it blow the fuse?

8. hoonigane

hoonigane Proven Member

Joined Jan 4, 2018
    Siauliai, Europe
    It magicly started to work again... Dsms I guess. Still makes same sound tho