The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Spyder Need help with 97' spyder gs asap!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bray3000

Probationary Member
May 6, 2021
Logan, Ohio
I purchased a 97 eclipse spyder gs, was told it ran decent but I got in it and it idles at 3k rpm, backfires at the slightest touch of the throttle, runs slow and hesitates sometimes, and has trouble starting when it's been sitting for a few hours. The previous owner told me the ignition timing was advanced 22 degrees, and it still has the stock ECU, so would it just mean the crank sensor needs to be adjusted? I'm honestly stumped, based on the way the car is acting I can agree that it's running too rich and something is wrong with the timing, but I need help fixing it if the ignition was advanced, when I get home I plan on taking the timing belt off and lining up the marks and seeing how it runs because so far it doesn't seem like the valves and pistons have touched, but the shape this car is in I need to fix it and flip it asap!! thank anyone for the help.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back