The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Need advice on an after market CHEAP clutch kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad Noles

Probationary Member
Mar 15, 2022
Linville, North_Carolina
So I need a CHEAP clutch kit for a NA (non-turbo) stock 4g63 1g F5M22 transmission. I can't spend over $100 for the kit.

Car is street only weekend cruiser, so no pulls or anything like that. Looking at kits from Rock Auto like M-Pact, Luk, or Sachs or even ebay Clutch Max.

Note, I will buy an OEM throw out bearing from Mitsubishi. Any good suggestions or warning about Bad kits? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I run LUK in my DD Saturn SC2! As good as or a tad better than stock.

I can't speak for any of those brands, but I cheaped out ONCE on a clutch kit and learned my lesson. The cheapo disk fell apart (clutch wouldn't fully release) and I was either stranded or I could limp it home. I chose to limp home but the 2nd gear synchronizer did not make it. I ended up having to rebuild the transmission after that fiasco. Granted it did last a year or two of daily driving before it gave out. As always, YMMV

I have run a LUK flywheel and clutch kit on my Truck as well as their clutch kits on a couple cars that were daily drivers. I have never had any issues with them and clutch life has been good so far. 5 Years of towing on the truck and several years on both cars and still going. I have heard good things about sachs also but no personal experience. I would steer clear of ebay "specials" that dont have a real brand name no personal experiences with them but my .02

LUK is not the same as a "Ebay", that is for sure. They are a good company. I've even talked on the phone with them. I can say I trust their products.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Thanks to everybody that replied.I actually read some posts about Luk when I followed a link to trucks the other day.Sounds like I'll go with them.Under $80 at Rock,until tax and shipping(ouch).Thanks again for all the help.Keep on DSMing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back