The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

My project: 10's on a 50 trim and stock bottom end.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1992awdlaser

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 5, 2004
Wallace, North_Carolina
As the title says my goal for this car is to run 10's with the 50 trim while keeping the stock bottom end. I am going to try and do it on just boost. But I have a bottle waiting to go on the car and will put it on if need be to reach my goal. Once I reach that goal or the bottom end goes(whichever comes first) I am going to build the block and will add pictures from that to this thread also. I will be updating this thread as I do things to the car. Expect this thread to last a few months at least.

My ultimate goal for the car after I build the bottom end is to run low 10's on boost with a different turbo. Then I will add the bottle with a 75 shot and try to break 9's.

All comments or questions are welcomed.

Nothing special to look at.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

And the reason I am looking for a shell to swap everything into.

The mods are as follows:

Walbro 255lph fp
Perrin mbc
Buschur 3" turboback (no cat)
Urethane motor mounts
Buschur o2 housing
SBR cast exhaust manifold
PTE 1000cc injectors
Buschur street fmic
Turbonetics evolution wastegate
Aeromotive fpr
3" gm maf sensor
SBR 3500 clutch
Act xact flywheel
AEM eugo wideband
Dsmlink
Sbr g50
ARP head studs
Forced Performance FP2 cams
Cometic mls gasket
KYB agx struts
Ground Control coilovers

I might be forgetting something. The suspension isn't on the car yet but will be going on the car in a couple of weeks.

I would like to thank SlowBoy Racing for being a great business to deal with. Most of the parts on the car came from SBR. A lot of the parts that are in the future for the car will also come from SBR. I reccomend anybody to SBR that wants parts at a good price with the BEST customer service I have had and very fast shipping. I normally recieve my parts from them two days after I order them.

Edit:

Things that are off the car:
Air conditioning
Power steering
Washer fluid bottles
All the emissions equipment
Rear of interior is gutted
Probably a few more things that I can't think of.

If the car weighs 2500lbs and you drive like the dickins it's totally doable. You'll just be the next Joe Bucci. :D

Strip the car to all hell and get yourself some e85 so you can run that turbo to dealth. Get a good port job on the head and some cams. Also a better manifold will help and too bad it wasnt a mitsu hotside because thats a draw back on some airflow which you will need since you need all the help you can get to make that much power on that small turbo. But it can be done. What type of fuel do you plan on running?

Strip the car to all hell and get yourself some e85 so you can run that turbo to dealth. Get a good port job on the head and some cams. Also a better manifold will help and too bad it wasnt a mitsu hotside because thats a draw back on some airflow which you will need since you need all the help you can get to make that much power on that small turbo. But it can be done. What type of fuel do you plan on running?

The car will have a good amount of weight taken out of it. Some of it you won't really be able to notice like a fiberglass hatch, fiberglass hood, and possibly fiberglass doors. I already have fp2 cams installed. I am keeping the stock head for now until I build the bottom end. I plan on buying an SBR intake manifold once I get my taxes back. I plan on having a pump gas and race gas tune. Pump gas obviously for the street. The race gas tune will be on vp c-16.

Get a real manifold, a real 50 trim, and a real intercooler and you'll have no problems doing it on boost. Also, forget the C16 and look into VP Import.

Good luck and :thumb: for reppin' the 50.

Does anyone think this can be done? I always thought the stock bottom end couldn't go pass 400HP? Even if it can go to 500Hp i think it would still be impossible. Am i the only one that thinks this? Maybe low 11s, 10s doubt it, and 9s even with a bottle there is no way in hell! Anyone else think the same?

Does anyone think this can be done? I always thought the stock bottom end couldn't go pass 400HP? Even if it can go to 500Hp i think it would still be impossible. Am i the only one that thinks this? Maybe low 11s, 10s doubt it, and 9s even with a bottle there is no way in hell! Anyone else think the same?

I think it's do able. When's the last time you saw someone bend a rod from too much power?

I found a bent rod in my 6bolt from a 60-1. LOL Can 400-500whp be made on a stock motor...Idk ask steve93talon. 457 on a stock block,head,and intake manifold. Its all in the tune my friend :sneaky:

amazing things are happening these days, 468 AWHP on a stock 7 bolt with balance shafts, 10's on a 16g, 10's on pump gas.... Ect. dont rule anything out.

Get a real manifold, a real 50 trim, and a real intercooler and you'll have no problems doing it on boost. Also, forget the C16 and look into VP Import.

Good luck and :thumb: for reppin' the 50.

I will be keeping the manifold and turbo for a little while. At least to try and reach this goal. The intercooler will be getting upgraded whether it be before or after I hit this goal. I will be going with Buschur's new 4" thick core. If I need it to hit this goal it will be on before the new turbo. I would love to use vp import bt that stuff is expensive. If anything I would only be using it for one pass if I got close to my goal on c16.

Can a 16g run 9's or 10's? A few have. Can one run 11's? Plenty have. Can you run 10's on pump gas? A few have.

Looking at what I just said my goal doesn't sound bad. You missed part of my first post where I said "My ultimate goal for the car after I build the bottom end is to run low 10's on boost with a different turbo. Then I will add the bottle with a 75 shot and try to break 9's."

So after I run 10's on the stock bottom end and the 50 trim I am going to build the bottom end and try to run low 10's with a different turbo. Who knows, if I hit 10's with this setup easy enough I might try and run low 10's with it. If I do that then I will be switching to a t3 hot side for the turbo and a different manifold.

I will be keeping the manifold and turbo for a little while. At least to try and reach this goal. The intercooler will be getting upgraded whether it be before or after I hit this goal. I will be going with Buschur's new 4" thick core. If I need it to hit this goal it will be on before the new turbo. I would love to use vp import bt that stuff is expensive. If anything I would only be using it for one pass if I got close to my goal on c16.

I'm going to have to put down my money right now and say that 10's are never going to happen with that turbo/manifold combination. :thumb:

And please get a real intercooler like a Precision/Garrett or Spearco core. 4" thick is overkill and useless because 80-90% of the cooling happens in the first 3" of the core anyway. All you're doing when going much beyond that is hurting airflow through the core. I don't see any mention of what brand of cores Buschur uses either.

Also, you might want to look into a liquid/air. You're going to need every advantage you can get.

I found a bent rod in my 6bolt from a 60-1. LOL Can 400-500whp be made on a stock motor...Idk ask steve93talon. 457 on a stock block,head,and intake manifold. Its all in the tune my friend :sneaky:

Or Mike Rizzotti with 585 whp and mid 10's on a stock motor. ;) AEM FTMFW

I'm going to have to put down my money right now and say that 10's are never going to happen with that turbo/manifold combination. :thumb:

And please get a real intercooler like a Precision/Garrett or Spearco core. 4" thick is overkill and useless because 80-90% of the cooling happens in the first 3" of the core anyway. All you're doing when going much beyond that is hurting airflow through the core. I don't see any mention of what brand of cores Buschur uses either.

Also, you might want to look into a liquid/air. You're going to need every advantage you can get.

2g manifolds have gone 9's. How can you say a better flowing manifold can't go 10's? You might be right about the turbo. The fastest g-50 car I know of ran 11.3x.

The new intercooler Buschur now carries has LESS pressure drop then the intercooler I have(their old street core). I don't see it hurting anything. Keep in mind this car will have a bigger turbo on it in the future and that is why I am looking at that intercooler. Not to mention the good reviews it already has. I am not sure what brand core it is though. Here is a link to it. Buschur Racing NEW 1G DSM FMIC *CHECK IT OUT* - Buschur Forums

A water to air intercooler is out of the question as I will be driving this on the street some. This car will also have more weight reduction than most. It won't be anything like Bucci but it will have a good amount of weight out of it.

We will see though. I like when people say I can't or won't do something because it is like a challenge. And everybody that knows me knows when challenged I will most likely accept the challenge no matter what it is.

Good luck with the build. I'm currently working on a 50 trim project as well.

I was looking on the top times for the 50 trims, and no one has put down any good numbers. I'd like to test it out and see what I can do with it as well!

Im all for your poject I believe it can be done does anyone remember he name of the guy who broke 9's with a big16g turbo on stock motor he was using some good tuning and nitrous but he still made it so i believe your car can make it with the 50trim and stock motor you will just have to make sure that car is tuned perfect and id slap some radials on it just for the added traction.

Good luck with the build. I'm currently working on a 50 trim project as well.

I was looking on the top times for the 50 trims, and no one has put down any good numbers. I'd like to test it out and see what I can do with it as well!

I think I saw the 11.3x from a member of Dsmlink forums. Your right though, deffinately not many people putting down good times on them.

Sometimes same cars can act different, it all depends. I have known people blow up their engines with big16g and i have also known people run over 400 hp with stock engines. It's all gona depend on your tunning and putting the right things together. I am sure you gona run low 11's with no problem and maybe high 10's but low 10's its gona be a little challenging, but good luck.

Im all for your poject I believe it can be done does anyone remember he name of the guy who broke 9's with a big16g turbo on stock motor he was using some good tuning and nitrous but he still made it so i believe your car can make it with the 50trim and stock motor you will just have to make sure that car is tuned perfect and id slap some radials on it just for the added traction.

It will have a very good tune on it. I will be putting some hoosiers or et streets on it. They will be one of the last things I do before the motor build.

erald01 said:
Sometimes same cars can act different, it all depends. I have known people blow up their engines with big16g and i have also known people run over 400 hp with stock engines. It's all gona depend on your tunning and putting the right things together. I am sure you gona run low 11's with no problem and maybe high 10's but low 10's its gona be a little challenging, but good luck.

As already mentioned the motor will be built and I will have a bigger turbo for the low 10's.

2g manifolds have gone 9's.

So have T25's so that argument is void.

How can you say a better flowing manifold can't go 10's? You might be right about the turbo. The fastest g-50 car I know of ran 11.3x.

Because of the turbo you're using.

The new intercooler Buschur now carries has LESS pressure drop then the intercooler I have(their old street core). I don't see it hurting anything.

And 2 is twice is much as 1. That doesn't mean 2 is a big number. Find out what kind of cores they use before coming to a conclusion on how well it flows.

We will see though. I like when people say I can't or won't do something because it is like a challenge. And everybody that knows me knows when challenged I will most likely accept the challenge no matter what it is.

I think you'll easily be able to do it if you use the correct parts. I just don't see the need to handicap yourself with a crappy manifold or MHI hot side turbo.

CTP said:
So have T25's so that argument is void.

That just makes the argument stronger that things you don't think can be done can.

CTP said:
Because of the turbo you're using.

This turbo WILL go 10's. The question is will it do it on the stock bottom end or not. This car isn't going to be just about having the power to get it down the track. You will also have to factor in what it is going to weigh compared to stock.

CTP said:
I think you'll easily be able to do it if you use the correct parts. I just don't see the need to handicap yourself with a crappy manifold or MHI hot side turbo.

Because I already bought them before I even thought about doing this. Yes the t3 and t4 manifolds might flow better but when it comes to a bolton manifold this one isn't crappy compared to the others(and I actually think this is a decent manifold in flow and design). Actually my goal when I bought them was to run low 12's. And I am not about to upgrade to a slightly bigger turbo to do this then buy another one for when I build my engine. The closest I will come to doing that is putting a t3 housing on this turbo. The whole reason for this project is to see what I can get out of THIS turbo and the stock bottom end.

I appreciate getting any advice you think that might help me. But don't keep bringing up the same things when I make it clear on what I am doing with them.

Quite of few people have ran 10's on a stock bottom end a 50 trim. Its not easy on that turbo expecially with the mitsu hotside.

If I was you I would run e85 all the time instead of pump gas.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back