1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G Misfire on 1g in a 2g swap question about it.

Posted by Flybiyou, Jul 12, 2004

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
  1. Flybiyou

Flybiyou Proven Member

Joined Apr 8, 2003
    somewhere, Illinois
    If I do the potentiometer trick to get ride of the missfire which is driving me INSANE :mad: .. and tune it with a SAFC so the fuel is set well is it a perment fix or risky. I dont have the money for a dsmlink since i just through 7000.00 on all the new things and motor. I do want to run the car this summer and take it to the track I didnt spend all this money to let it sit and wait till I can afford a dsmlink. PLease anyone with knowledge of this I really need the help also how bad is it to missfire I feel it and let go of the throttle and coast in netural for a sec and it goes away.

Thanks in advance

AJ

2. 98RedGs

98RedGs Moderator

Joined Sep 14, 2002
    Bogalusa, Louisiana
    http://www.magnusmotorsports.com/1g2g.asp
    At the bottom of the page bro.
    :)

836  0

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    manual · 2G DSM
  3. dave99gst

dave99gst DSM Wiseman

Joined Sep 8, 2002
    plymouth, Michigan
    it didnt do much for me when i tryed the POT trick.
    but i do know people that it helped out -- try it and see. log your car to be sure you dont go to lean.

4. Flybiyou

Flybiyou Proven Member

Joined Apr 8, 2003
    somewhere, Illinois
    The guy who did my motor put it in for me today dont know if it is working or not. It was doing it so much I had to pull the pos terminal to reset the computer to take it to him. It went away for quite awhile when i did it last time see if it comes back after this. I will tell you tommorow. I havent loged it or wideband it yet will do that here tommorow also I dont think I will though cause he set me up kinda rich durring the breakin of the new motor but to make sure i will see if I can find someone around here with a logger they will let me use of someoone with a wideband. Is there any real downsides to this cause I dont have the cash for a dsmlink plus I have to find a 95 eprom and the car is a everday driver for me.Anyway thanks for the help any ideas on the whole idea of doing this ( BAD_GOOD)

Thanks

AJ

5. laurence riggs

laurence riggs Probationary Member

Joined Dec 16, 2019
    Duncan, BC, Canada
    Did the misfire come back after u put the potentiometer in ? I have the misfire I'm trying to figure it out but very frustrating

6. Flybiyou

Flybiyou Proven Member

Joined Apr 8, 2003
    somewhere, Illinois
    Wow this was a old thread to see pop up in my email.
    To answer you though yes it did fix the issue. I did recheck Fuel and needed a few tweaks nothing major mainly in the lower RPM . It did happen Maybe 1 or 2 times a year but just barley touched the knob to adjust and was fine. Guessing bumps in road. Good luck.

7. laurence riggs

laurence riggs Probationary Member

Joined Dec 16, 2019
    Duncan, BC, Canada
    Thanks I put my smaller injectors in and my old ecu for now cleared up the misfire for now thanks.