The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G MFI/Fuel Pump Relay

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjbaxter

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 19, 2006
parkesburg, Pennsylvania
On my 98 GST, are both the MFI relay and Fuel Pump Relay right next to each other and look exactly alike(a black box/relay, that has four flat prongs) the number on both of them was E8T101

...thats exacty how it was written on the parts. not sure if it was because the number was too long for the short length or what, but thats how it was. Any help, suggestions, or anything would be greatly appreciated!!! I need to get my car back on the road, its becomming a garage queen :(:dsm:

Wait, the 7823 was below the E8T101, not all goofy lookin like it is right now.

Do you have a picture like this for the 1st gen? I believe the relay is ####ed up because when i turn the key to "on" i don't hear the fuel pump priming.....Not sure what's causing it but i heard it could be the relay. Any suggestions?

Same location different car.

The fuel pump doesn't turn on until you crank the engine with the starter or the CAS indicates that it's spinning.

MPI relay failure is very low on the list of things that go wrong. Get the wiring diagram and start diagnosing your symptoms by measuring the voltages and manually triggering the relay by grounding or providing voltage to the coil as needed.

This is the part that I need and I can't find one anywhere on the net! If anyone has a link to where I can get one, please PM me with the link. Mitsubishi says they can get one but it will have to wait until Oct. 12th at the earliest.

Same location different car.

The fuel pump doesn't turn on until you crank the engine with the starter or the CAS indicates that it's spinning.

MPI relay failure is very low on the list of things that go wrong. Get the wiring diagram and start diagnosing your symptoms by measuring the voltages and manually triggering the relay by grounding or providing voltage to the coil as needed.

Would this relay be the reason I keep blowing the 20 amp fuse on my 1g?

Would this relay be the reason I keep blowing the 20 amp fuse on my 1g?

Perhaps but it's more likely that it's something on the downstream side of the relay that is popping the fuse.

So what is the first thing I check?Actually Is there a list?I know nothing about the mpi relay and circuit for that matter.I honestly dont even know where to start.

So what is the first thing I check?Actually Is there a list?I know nothing about the mpi relay and circuit for that matter.I honestly dont even know where to start.

Did u ever find the answer to ## question about where to start looking cause i'm having a similar problem.

is there a such thing as an injector relay? my car is getting spark and fuel to the rail but not to the injectors and they flowed fine about a month ago when it stopped running. the part number for the part I need is E8T08474 and everytime I search for it nothing comes up at all. If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it.

theres an injector relay trust me i have this same problem right now the injectors are not opening but theres spark theres fuel the fuel filter is working and everything but there is no signal for the injectors to open so i found out there is a relay for injectors part # mb543648 (relay) search for it
if u change it and it still doesnt work change the crank sensor and camshaft sensor because they are both connected to the same wiring

theres an injector relay trust me i found out there is a relay for injectors part # mb543648 (relay) search for it
Once again, so it's clear. There isn't an injector relay.

The injectors get their power via the MPI/MFI relay. Same relay that provides power for the ECU, O2 heater, solenoids, ISC/IAC and injectors via the injector resistor. The ECU pulls the other side of the injector coil low to cause current to flow and fire the injector.

The MB543648 relay is used in many Mitsubishi cars for different things. On a 2G the auto door lock uses one.

On a 1G the MPI relay is MD119202 marked E8T08071.
On a 95 2G the MFI relay is MR161519 marked E8T08474.
On the 96-99 2G's the MFI relays are MR224160 both marked E8T101.

Hello,

Quick question, is this MFI / Fuel pump relay the one I have to remove in order to crank the engine over, like for example a compression test or to prime the engine with new oil after an oil change??

I have a 99 GS-T stock...

Thanks!!!

so when i crank my car after i would stop cranking i would hear the fuel pump finishing its cycle, now when i dont hear it any more so im guessing its the relay because the car wont start, i have spark i havnt checked fuel pressure but i dont hear the pump so im guessing i do, ive checked all fuses and they are good where is the relay on a 1g? and does that sound like the problem?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back