The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

lucas transmission stop leak?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

93AWDDSM

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 1, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
on my 93 awd transmission, the output shaft seal for the transfer case leaks slighlty like a few drops over night, i found Lucas transmission fix and was wondering if that would help the leak a little, it is my daily driver and i really do not have the time or money to fix it at the moment.

so i guess my question is, would it be harmful to our 1g trannys if i ran the lucas tranny fix in it?

Lucas Transmission Fix : Lucas Oil - Lucas Transmission Fix

yes, def. in the output shaft seal, happenend when i was changing the subframe and when i removed/ reinstalled the transfer case, it was also about 18 degrees outside when i was doing this

yeah, the seal is not much, but my time is very limited because of working 60hours a week so its very hard for me to work on my car. I also do not have money to take it in nor would i take it in LOL, i do the work myself.

LOL i checked the seal out, the flywheel is in the way of replacing it or i would have, basically i have to drop the tranny to actually fix it, and that would be dandy an all if i had a different daily driver. :/

Iirc the Lucas tranny blend is for automatics. For manuals use just plain Lucas oil additive. For light duty use up to 25% of total fluid capacity. And 50% for heavy duty use.

I wouldn't call it snake oil. Its job is to thicken the oil and it does that quite well. if you're expecting it to work magic, then you're in for a surprise. it's $10 and it cant hurt. It's worth a try

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back