The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Losing fuel pressure after shutoff

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TunedUp

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 28, 2011
Newport News, Virginia
Okay so I have searched high and low for two weeks and haven't found any help so as a last resort decided to make a post. I installed Walbro 255, FIC 750cc injectors, and a fuel lab afpr and now when I turn off my car my fuel pressure drops to zero in about 10min according to the afpr any ideas?

The check valve inside the fuel pump could be leaking out all the pressure.or your fuel pressure regulator isn't holding the pressure.

Get some vise grips and clamp the fuel return line if the pressure drops its the pump if it doesn't its the regulator .

Okay I will try that tomorrow thanks inthemidst. And Pauley the injectors are brand new what do you mean they could be leaky? Like after shut off the leak fuel into the cylinders? If that's the case is there a way to fix it or get a new injector?

Okay so I have searched high and low for two weeks and haven't found any help so as a last resort decided to make a post. I installed Walbro 255, FIC 750cc injectors, and a fuel lab afpr and now when I turn off my car my fuel pressure drops to zero in about 10min according to the afpr any ideas?
One test you can do to rule out the fuel pressure regulator is to crimp the return line on the bottom of the fuel pressure regulator and see if it stay up if it does not drop then its your regulator, if it drops then more than likely its your injectors. let us know thanks.

Sorry haven't been able to work on my car since I've been working all the time. Hopefully tomorrow I can get over to my buddies and check things out finally.

Sorry it's been a while since I could work on my car I detached my labral tendon in my shoulder. I did however have a buddy work on it for me and we found the issue was my injector o rings that go into the port weren't down all the way. Thanks for all the help fellas.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back