The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G losing fuel pressure while idling

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbo4banger4g63

5+ Year Contributor
Dec 30, 2018
lorain, Ohio
my talon will be idling, or very light driving not out of second gear 20 mph, and it will just slowly start losing fuel pressure, it will get all the way down to 10-20 psi and die. but then will start right back up to around 42 psi. did some searching on here but not search after search. seems like everyone elses issue are slightly different. anyone have any insight on this???

yes i'm going to. does the ecu control the fuel pump voltage do you know??

pump is not losing voltage when fuel pressure drops, I am thinking its my FPR, possibly the pump

Last edited by a moderator:
tried a different diaphram. no change, im gonna pull the pump cause the pump is over 20 years old. I will check the filter also but it is newer

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back