The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Lets see your Tuned Timing Maps

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ceddy

15+ Year Contributor
May 10, 2006
Reading, Pennsylvania
I'd like to compare some fully tuned Timing Maps, with different Engine Compressions, Fuels, Engine Displacement, etc.

And your methods and theorys in tuning them.

Be neat to see what people are using with different setups.

Because people may be using different engine management, I made this conversion chart:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Load = Used by EcuFlash.
G/Rev = Grams Per Rev, used by DSMLink.
Boost = For reference and other EMS, rough estimate, effected by turbo, VE%, etc.

I also made a map showing when the different areas of the Timing Map are used.

The White Dots show the cells that would be hit in an example 3rd gear pull.

Some maps for comparison:

Stock 2Gb:
93 Octane
2.0 L @ 8.5:1
T25 @ 12-14 psi

Evo6 Tomei Makinen Edition Stock Map:

RazorLabs Evo8 E85:
E85
2.0 L @ 8.5:1
FP Green @ ~28 psi

* When attaching maps please use .PNG or .GIF format they have the best quality for maps.

* And include Fuel, Engine Size and Compression, Turbo and Boost.

Please attach map in every post.

Added:

Load Conversion Chart for the 1Gs.
Converts the 1-12 in the Load axis to either g/rev or "Load".

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you!
This will be helpful to add into my megasquirt.

Since no one else has really posted anything I figured I would.

E3B16g @ 21psi
93 Octane
2.0L Wiseco 8.3:1 pistons

I'm in the 240-260 load range

I finally got my injectors scaled. I only have 550miles on my rebuilt and been tuning since 350miles.

For anyone using PTE 680's I am at a scaling of 535cc and I'm at 11.2 on my wideband with a target AFR of 11.0 so I'm as close as I can be without going under. Just thought this might help someone else out.

Anything higher then 545cc was way off giving a AFR of 11.9-12.5. At 600cc I was in the 13's.

And with a 16g and FMIC I am able to run a max of 21-22psi without knock, start knocking @ 23psi I'm still adding timing but I'm at about 9-10 degrees of advance, still have more too add.

This is my conservitive tune cause i'm not quite done tuning fuel yet.
E85
E316G
cams
mls/arp -.018
stock 6blt blk
25-27 psi
I am shooting for about 24-25* up top.
Instead of pushing the E3 I take it to it's comfort level then throw timing at it. 0 knock @ 12.0-12.2afr. I just have to be carefull not to lift the head again from getting timing happy.

Attachments

• timing map.jpg
    timing map.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 5,099
For anyone using PTE 680's I am at a scaling of 535cc and I'm at 11.2 on my wideband with a target AFR of 11.0 so I'm as close as I can be without going under. Just thought this might help someone else out.
Anything higher then 545cc was way off giving a AFR of 11.9-12.5. At 600cc I was in the 13's.

You have some other issue then. Either your base fuel pressure isn't at 43.5psi, or you have some kind of restriction or something going on. Although PTE does lie about their injector sizes, they typically flow ~640cc. You are missing ~16% fuel. Are you sure your pressure is rising 1:1 with boost?
Have you checked the Delphi part numbers that are laser etched around the upper circumference of the injector, to make sure they ARE 650cc? It sounds like someone slipped you a set of 550's.
Fortunately, Ceddy has not scaled our injector size incorrectly, like the EVO guys, so the injector size *should* match up very closely.

This is my conservitive tune cause i'm not quite done tuning fuel yet.
E85
E316G
cams
mls/arp -.018
stock 6blt blk
25-27 psi
I am shooting for about 24-25* up top.
Instead of pushing the E3 I take it to it's comfort level then throw timing at it. 0 knock @ 12.0-12.2afr. I just have to be carefull not to lift the head again from getting timing happy.

I haven't seen much of a gain going over 20* up top on a 6 bolt and 16g at 30 ish psi. Not like the difference between 16* and 20*. My map looks similar to yours in the high load areas, and i'm happy with it. I've used it on a couple engines, and have torn one of them down and it was fine. Stock headbolts, and felpro composite, by the way.

Well the reason I thought my scaling of 535cc was correct and that's what I was reading on EvoXforums (POST #2) For example, let us say that you are using 680 size injectors. Then you enter in the injector scaling table a number between 578 and 544. Please note that this is only the starting point and not the end point of injector scaling. The final number will be determined through multiple sessions of logging and testing your fuel trims. More on this later.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong. Before I read that I was like why am I below 600cc. My base fuel pressure is correct and I have a AFPR and I assume its working. I have open loop disabled and my trims are not adjusting since I started using Ecuflash and Evoscan.

I didn't check the etching they still have the stickers on them.

I was at 75% or so IDC @ 23psi on my E3B16G fully ported flows 550cfm

How did you determine what areas of the timing map are used for which functions?

By logging MUT 2byte Load and plotting it most likely against TPS and a general understand of how the car uses the maps for looking up of different driving conditions.

The EVO injector scaling is totally wacked, so don't go by it. They also have their deadtimes totally miscalculated. There was too much guesswork on too many of the variables when they got started, and they have stuck with the bad info for some reason. Ceddy's 2G flash ECU injector scaling is MUCH closer to reality.
Sorry for the Off Topic.....

EIII 22lbs
Stock 2.0L shortblock
PTE 680s

Attachments

• timing.jpg
    timing.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 2,352
Last edited:
Maybe now that I have the injectors scaled correctly my fuel trims will update. Cause I believe if I was inputting a scaling higher then my injectors were, my ecu would be trying to compensate too much and give me a 0.1 reading in Evoscan correct?

If I really do have 550's then I should be changing my battery voltage table right? Cause I can't make changes the way I want to by looking at my fuel trims. And I have the values for 680's in there so to get closer to what I need should I input values for 550's?

This is a map ceddy has worked on for me, I am still receiving Zero counts of knock so we will be working on increasing this.

This map makes the car feel more torquey in lower RPMS especially in between 2000-3000 RPMS, I really like this map a lot and the car pulls like a raped ape, I don't want to go much faster till I get some suspension work done as the car feels less controllable at higher straight line speeds.

Evo 8 Inject - Scaled to 545's
94 Octane
14B - 17-18PSI Creep to 21
8.5:1

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 2,763
Last edited:
What load cells are you in at WOT? At that boost level on a 16g n 60-1 have me 240-260

I dont have my logs on me right now but I am pretty close to 260 in 4th at around 5250 I believe. I am waiting for a shitty tank of gas to empty(acidentally forgot to select 94 and it defaulted to 89, had to add octane booster just so I dont blow my engine up), then I will get a good log.

This is a map ceddy has worked on for me, I am still receiving Zero counts of knock so we will be working on increasing this.

This map makes the car feel more torquey in lower RPMS especially in between 2000-3000 RPMS, I really like this map a lot and the car pulls like a raped ape, I don't want to go much faster till I get some suspension work done as the car feels less controllable at higher straight line speeds.

Evo 8 Inject - Scaled to 545's
94 Octane
14B - 17-18PSI Creep to 21
8.5:1

What do you have your rev limiter set to?

Well after a failed tank of gas(accidentally put 87 in, had to buy octane booster to save engine :) ), finally got a full tank of 94 in and have done some major logging and tweaking, this is my latest timing map with ZERO counts of knock, I used some values from snowboarders maps as a baseline and then adjusted from there.

Currently I hit around 250-260 load around 5250 RPMS and tapers to 180 by 6750.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 2,025
I think your pushing that little 14b to the max dude.... tapper off to 180 but looks strong 16-17 timing

My ported 16g was still in the 220-240 area at 22psi @ 6500-7K but 12-13 timing

I also know now that I have the smaller cc cylinder head I am doing closer to 9:1 compression so that makes more sense to my boost limits before

Maybe now that I have the injectors scaled correctly my fuel trims will update. Cause I believe if I was inputting a scaling higher then my injectors were, my ecu would be trying to compensate too much and give me a 0.1 reading in Evoscan correct?

The .1% fuel trim readings in evo scan either means your map is dead on and the ecu is not adding/subtracting any fuel or your ecu is in open loop and evo scan is not detecting any changes made by the ecu to your fuel trim. I would go with the latter.

Yes, it holds boost rock solid around 18-19 psi then over boosts to 22 above 4750-5000 RPM's.

I know I am pushing it to the max but I wouldn't mind if it went out and then I had to buy an FP HTA 68 or an HX35.

Also I am tuning boost for max then turning it down slightly just for peace of mind or whatever.

All I know is right now throttle response at low RPM's is great it feels like it has torque on tap then ever before, and it pulls harder than it ever has.

Ceddy, ecu-flash, and evoscan have helped me achieve more than I ever thought possible on current setup.

Can someone post their associated AFR maps for the timing maps shown?

I just tweaked mine a bit after seeing what everyone else has posted. Once I see how it works I'll post it up and go from there.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back