The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink Max octane timing maps

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRich66

Probationary Member
May 14, 2008
Hanover Park, Illinois
Wondering if someone can help me figure out how to upload the other timing tables in ECMLink wiki, I have tried many times to access the 1g, 2g, and Evo timing maps but have issues accessing them in the direct access tab, Once I save the file from ECMLink wiki and try to open it, it shows unsupported file, I’m using windows 10. When I try to open the file that I saved to my laptop, it opens a file mumbojumbo/ encrypted. How can I save these tables correctly to my laptop and upload them in to direct access tab correctly, Do I have to open the file with ECMLink and if so how because I can’t figure it out ? I know this seems simple but after reading the directions many times, I’m still confused. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

The only thing I can think of is make sure your software AND firmware are both up to date. Save the files to wherever and of course open with ecmlink. Copy and paste while the car is turned off.

Wondering if someone can help me figure out how to upload the other timing tables in ECMLink wiki, I have tried many times to access the 1g, 2g, and Evo timing maps but have issues accessing them in the direct access tab, Once I save the file from ECMLink wiki and try to open it, it shows unsupported file, I’m using windows 10. When I try to open the file that I saved to my laptop, it opens a file mumbojumbo/ encrypted. How can I save these tables correctly to my laptop and upload them in to direct access tab correctly, Do I have to open the file with ECMLink and if so how because I can’t figure it out ? I know this seems simple but after reading the directions many times, I’m still confused. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Sounds like you're double-clicking on the file and Windows is treating it like a text file and opening it in notepad (or similar). You'll want to open the file from within ECMLink (I use it on a Mac so I'm not sure how to do it in the windows client).

Thanks for the above info, definitely made progress fixed version and firmware; and I was trying to open it like a text file, fixed those issues but I'm still having problems bringing up the maps in direct access. I made sure the software and firmware is up to date, Firmware version 3.36.64 and boot version 3.18.47. When I try to open the file with ecmlink... right click... open with ecmlink, then ecmlink opens but gives error message "Unrecognized: DSM-2g-stock.htm" Why does it give me this message? Also it saves the file from ecm wiki as a html file, Is this normal, how do I correct for this? Thanks.

Problem solved, was using internet explorer when loading files, when changed to google chrome, this solved the issue completely, thanks for the help.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back