The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Leaking oil issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

green98civic

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 13, 2011
Abingdon, Maryland
I just got my GSX out of the shop on Friday with a new water pump, timing belt, valve cover, valve adjustment, belt tensioner, spark plug wires, oil change, etc installed and done. I drove it to work on Saturday, which is 50 miles highway total. When I got out of work I looked under the car and there was a decent size puddle of oil under there in multiple spots. When I got home, you could see where I drove the car around in my court. I finally parked the car and checked it on Sunday and again a decent size of puddle of oil dripping from the drivers side axle, oil filter, exhaust pipe. I have searched the threads and couldnt find the exact same problem. I know the car was leaking a little driplets oil before I took the car in the shop because of the oil pan ( which I dont mind) but never this bad. What could this be?

Did you at least check the oil filter and the drain plug? If they charged you for a valve adjustment get your money back. There are no adjustments.

The oil cooler isnt hooked up. When i bought it back in September the previous owner said that it leaked. I have the line that was suppose to go to that hosed and clamped up.

Yes no coolant to it sure, but there's still oil flowing through the cooler. Also if they didn't replace the drain plug gasket that can leak to.

Valve adjustment, LOL. As for the oil leaking, if is real hard for someone on here to just tell you where it is leaking. You need to jack it up, put it on jack stands, wipe it down and than start it and watch.

Im gonna be getting pics today of it. But i can see the oil coming from the oil filter end and on the oil cooler adaptor.

Could be your filter being loos, or double gasket like mention before..

Clean all the area very well and check where is coming from..

I just bought a spyder that was leaking from the Oil Filter Housing,,, There is a gasket in between the Oil filter cooler and the filter housing,, It looks the same as the filter gasket..

All what I did was, to removed the filter cooler, and change the gasket with another Filter gasket and problem solved...

But the best way for you to find out is, to clean all the area and check where is leaking from.

Good luck.

I cleaned the area and it is coming from the housing. Must have a hair line crack in it. I have since gotten one from a member on here to replace it for a good price. Also i i see oil dripping from the two bolts that are the turbo lines. They are both rusted. Where can i get those bolts?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back