1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

General LC2 wideband wiring help

Posted by Jon W, Feb 9, 2020

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. Jon W

Jon W Probationary Member

Joined Sep 30, 2019
    Melbourne, Florida
    I just picked up a talon and the gauges are all wired to the headlight switch. So they only turn on if you turn the headlights on. All function ok except the Innovate wideband just blinks 7.4. I know this is not the way it should be wired and I would like to correct the wiring. What wires should I use to make the LC2 wideband work optimally. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. DSMPT

DSMPT Proven Member

Joined Jun 12, 2014
    Japan / Mexico, Arizona

Drag Race Build 2K  3

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 1G DSM

Street Build 2K  4

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · automatic · 2G DSM
  3. Kryndon

Kryndon Proven Member

Joined Jan 10, 2014
    Bulgaria, Europe
    I recently did an LC-2 install on my 2G but found the instructions to be a bit broad since they aren't specific to our DSMs. I have pictures and stuff if you'd like to wire it my way. It's pretty clean, out of sight, and works perfectly (although everybody suggests wiring from and to the battery directly).

Also, how long did you notice it is blinking 7.4 for? Does the controller itself blink anything? Green blinks only? On mine, it blinks 7.5 for about 20ish seconds then starts reading normally.

Street Build 3K  12

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  4. 1990TSIAWDTALON

1990TSIAWDTALON Moderator

Joined Nov 14, 2013
    Independence, Kansas
    Check the "status' light on the controller. Recheck your sensor connection too. I run LC2's in 2 of my 3 cars and really like them. It sounds like the sensor just needs to heat up. Mine is getting age on it and it takes about 30 seconds for it to register.

Street Build 4K  29

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    14.74 @ 117.04 · 1G DSM

1K  14

awd · manual · 1G DSM

715  18

1967 Chevrolet Camaro RS
    rwd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 981  7

1998 Eagle Talon TSi
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM

Street Build 6K  13  25

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    13.620 @ 108.460 · 1G DSM
  5. DSMPT

DSMPT Proven Member

Joined Jun 12, 2014
    Japan / Mexico, Arizona
    It is normal. This is not the only one that is not specified in DSM. Read the manual carefully. This is a very basic thing to install this kind of devices.

Drag Race Build 2K  3

awd · manual · 1G DSM

Street Build 2K  4

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · automatic · 2G DSM
  6. Jon W

Jon W Probationary Member

Joined Sep 30, 2019
    Melbourne, Florida
    If you have pictures I would like to check them out if you could pm them to me. Mine just stays blinking 7.4 the entire time its on. The status light is green.

7. Vegas smith

Vegas smith Proven Member

Joined Dec 2, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Have you calibrated it?...

Street Build 4K  10

1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM