The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

1G Kiggly springs ti retainers on valves. Is this right?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geeb

Proven Member
Apr 6, 2016
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Is this correct? I see alot of builds with the keepers and retainers much lower on on the valve... Like 1/8 inch or so. Mine look like they're barely hangin on.. But they don't go anywhere..

Kiggly street springs
titanium retainers
Gsc nitride SS valves.

Attachments

• 0805171055a.jpg
    0805171055a.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 215
  • 0805171055.jpg
    0805171055.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 120
They should be protruding and why is the one valve tip chipped....

Those aren't installed properly. If you run the car like that all 16 valves will fall in the cylinders. You have to compress the spring, install the keepers in the groove of the valve stem, and then release the pressure on the spring.

The kigglys have a lot of pressure, it's next to impossible to get the keepers in with a blue point tool. The tool that bolts to the cam cap holes, or a socket and c-clamp are the way to go.

The valve tip is trashed in the first picture, so you will most likely need a new one. Doesn't look like they will be able to safely resurface that and still he in spec.

If you don't have a proper valve spring compressor I have one and am local.

They should be protruding and why is the one valve tip chipped....

It does look chipped LOL but it's not thats lube from when I installed them
Is correct.

They should look like this.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Yeah that's what I thought like 1/8 inch protruded or so

Thanks

Thanks man that was gonna be my next question

The valve tip is trashed in the first picture, so you will most likely need a new one. Doesn't look like they will be able to safely resurface that and still he in spec.

If you don't have a proper valve spring compressor I have one and am local.

That's just lube it looks like a chip but it's not..

Oh really you lI've in Philly?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back