1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Kiggly HLA Pressure Regulator

Posted by garage16, Apr 27, 2009

Please Support Feal Suspension
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. garage16

garage16 Proven Member

Joined Oct 4, 2008
    toronto,
    Was looking at Kiggly's website and seen this

Kiggly Racing - kigglyracing.com

Actively Regulates Lash Adjuster Supply Pressure to a Constant 15psi
    · Accomplishes this by Restricting Flow Instead of Dumping Extra Pressure like the JDM Regulator
    · Reduces Oil Flow Into the Head, Keeps More Oil in the Pan
    · In Some Instances can Greatly Improve Oil Pressure at the End of a 1/4mi Pass - Click Here to See Results from the Kiggly Racing Drag Car
    · Air Bleed at the Highest Point Helps Oil Quality and Aeration to Lash Adjusters
    · Fits DSM Style Valve Cover Only at $150 While Supplies Last
    · Universal Fit Version (DSM and EVO 8 & 9) $175

Anyone ever use one before and any feed back?

thanks

2. 94awdcoupe

94awdcoupe Proven Member

Joined Nov 6, 2004
    tampa, Florida
    15psi just sounds weak for street car. I know rau used to regulate his to 30psi to keep lifters from pumping too much. I just dont think this is wise for street car mod.

Street Build 3K  0

1994 eagle summit wagon JDM RVR swap
    automatic · 4G63t Swapped

Street Build 3K  0

manual · 4G63t Swapped
  3. kiggly

kiggly Supporting Vendor

Joined Feb 17, 2003
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    What basis do you have for thinking 15psi is too low? I ran some old spring durability tests at about 5-7psi and 8000-9000rpm and didn't see any wear. I believe the JDM dump-to-head regulator is about a 15psi set point as well, and that had to pass mitsu's OEM durability testing. I had this setup on my beater for a few thousand miles (5k intervals) with crappy old oil before any of these were sold to the public.

If you ever see your oil pressure light flashing at idle that means 5psi at the oil filter, which is probably only a couple psi at the lifters. Things don't go bad under those conditions. All the lifters and rockers really need is enough oil to stay wet and no air going to them. Extra oil is just to cool the springs, which really don't tend to run that hot in these engines anyway.

Kevin

Drag Race Build 4K  7

1991 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo
    7.687 @ 182 · 1G DSM
  4. JonathanNL

JonathanNL Proven Member

Joined Aug 24, 2006
    Netherlands, Europe
    For anybody looking for a bit more information on the Kiggly HLA regulator, here are my questions and the answers that Kevin provided in great detail! :rocks:

And follow-up questions from me, followed by the answer from Kevin - Kiggly Racing:

There you have it, some extra information about this product for the ones looking for it! :cool:

gofer likes this.