1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

ECMlink ISO ECMLink v3

Posted by Koda, May 17, 2020

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support VR-Speed Factory
  1. Koda

Koda Proven Member

Joined Jun 2, 2019
    Butler, Pennsylvania
    It’s about time for me to upgrade to something That will make my life a hell of a lot easier. I’m sorry if I posted this is the wrong forum but I have searched high and low and cannot find a ecu with link anywhere, I was thinking about sending my 1997 ecu in but I’m not sure if it’s from a gst or Gsx , not sure if it matters and it just seems like a hassle to send my ecu in to get socketed and converted to EPROM + dsmlink soldered in. Also a bit more expensive. Interested in getting speed density as-well. I have a 1995 eclipse Gsx , again I’m not sure what i can change on the ecu and what has to be programmed in , like injector size, awd or fwd, manual or auto.

Street Build 274  1

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. Sjd6795

Sjd6795 Proven Member

Joined May 14, 2014
    Wilsonville, Oregon
    I've emailed them a while back about conversion and got no reponse. I think they might be out of conversion kits right now anyways. I was searching a lot for a 2g eprom socketed I could only find eproms available for $200 so it would still need a socket.

I decided to go with openport 2.0 and use ecuflash to tune my black box ecu. Not as user friendly as link I have heard but I can do almost as much with it. And a much cheaper price.

Street Build 440  11

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
    Sjd6795

Street Build 1K  0

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  3. Koda

Koda Proven Member

Joined Jun 2, 2019
    Butler, Pennsylvania
    That is what I had and I never messed with it and Something was leaking inside it and fried it and I’m pretty sure I lost the tune on it anyways so instead of getting it repaired I was gonna go with something more user friendly since I’ve really only had little experience with tuning. But it seems like just months ago I was seeing so many of them for sale and now there is hardly any on the market...

Street Build 274  1

awd · manual · 2G DSM
  4. DSMPT

DSMPT Proven Member

Joined Jun 12, 2014
    Japan / Mexico, Arizona
    If your budget is tight, just keep your eyes on many facebook dsm groups and here. or make a WTB post. Used complete unit (a socketed ecu + ecmlink+ cable) would regularly come up for sale, it would generally cost around $500-600. But many people are always looking for it, so I recommend that just buy it without hesitating when you find one, otherwise that would be taken by somebody else shortly.

Last edited: May 18, 2020

Drag Race Build 2K  3

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 1G DSM

Street Build 2K  4

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · automatic · 2G DSM
  5. Koda

Koda Proven Member

Joined Jun 2, 2019
    Butler, Pennsylvania
    Yeah I will give that a try. Im not gonna be cheap when it comes to my ecu I just want one that is in good condition and maybe with speed density for around 700$. But ill keep looking, thanks!

Street Build 274  1

awd · manual · 2G DSM
  6. Sjd6795

Sjd6795 Proven Member

Joined May 14, 2014
    Wilsonville, Oregon
    I'm just now using my black box ecu and tactrix cables and for 45 mins spent using ecuflash and never tuning a car before. I have to say my car is running so much better. Pulls a lot hatd
    My car came with the black box but I have changed several things and finally bought the openport 2.0. I was a little overwhelmed at first but just be googling and going through all the tuner settings it seems easy to figure out. I've already adjusted my tune and fixed a rich issue I was having. I still need to fine tune fuel trims but I need more research on that.

Street Build 440  11

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
    Sjd6795

Street Build 1K  0

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  7. Evolving_sti

Evolving_sti Proven Member

Joined Apr 28, 2019
    DANBURY, Connecticut
    If you want a complete kit w/ecu you can email [email protected]. He can hook you up with an entire ecmlink package and will also tune it remotely or help you dial it in to get you to a tuner. Hes an awesome guy. He's also a member here @ATEAV8. He was very helpful with me and always responded to emails almost immediately. He can answer all your ecmlink concerns.

503  6

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    320 whp · 315 lb/ft · 2G DSM
    Sjd6795 likes this.
  8. Koda

Koda Proven Member

Joined Jun 2, 2019
    Butler, Pennsylvania
    I just ordered a whole package from him tonight! Thanks so much for your help! He set me up I’ll let you know when it comes in

Street Build 274  1

awd · manual · 2G DSM
    Evolving_sti likes this.
  9. Evolving_sti

Joined Apr 28, 2019
    DANBURY, Connecticut
    Glad to hear it. He'll take care of you! He goes above and beyond to help.

503  6

10. E85evo

E85evo Probationary Member

Joined Aug 4, 2019
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Link is the best

Street Build 163  3

1995 CC lancer
    12.6 @ 119 · 4G63t Swapped
  11. ryan_c2g

ryan_c2g Probationary Member

Joined Jan 2, 2013
    corpus christi, Texas
    Just save up. I found a eprom ecu, mint condition on eBay back in feb. Took me 5 months of constantly searching. And it was on a bid, the person I was up against kept up bidding me hardcore, and luckily I won it at the last second :D. Saved up for link, knew I was going to pay around 6-$700, $580 for link, $16 to ship out, i purchased the speed density setup months before and had it put up. Have everythin ready now. Long process but worth the wait and investment. You gota pay to play. Do things right goodluck on your build. Just keep an eye on eBay man. I've seen a few eprom ECU's that get posted but hard to get nowadays for good price.

Just read, you purchased another kit

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 24, 2020

337  13

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  12. Koda

Koda Proven Member

Joined Jun 2, 2019
    Butler, Pennsylvania
    All good thanks for the help, I just got it in yesterday from Ecmlink

Street Build 274  1

awd · manual · 2G DSM
    Evolving_sti likes this.
  13. Evolving_sti

Joined Apr 28, 2019
    DANBURY, Connecticut
    Fast ! Kenny is awesome !

503  6

14. Hakmak

Hakmak Proven Member

Joined Aug 28, 2007
    Brooklyn, New York
    Hmm....I just bought a 99 gsx with link v2 a few months ago and now working on it since we have good weather and self quarantined an what not......actually was about to order the upgrade package on link website with SD package for like $325.....Maybe I should hit up Kenny too ...wonder if he does upgrades. I too used ceddy mods w/ stock blackbox on my 98 gst....got the big map and all that. On initial setup....it woke my car up BIG TIME...pulled hard as hell. but just like OP I was wanting something with a bit more support and user friendly, just so happen I killed 2 birds with one stone by finding a gsx with link.....and I think I can pass nyc emissions with link from what I've been reading so I'm good there.

537  5

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    manual · 2G DSM