The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

intake vacuum hoses?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chipper308

Proven Member
Dec 10, 2012
Bay City, Michigan
looking at my injen intake i have 3 hoses that come in...well 4, but the big one to the bov im not counting...so 3....1 goes to the intake, 1 is very small and goes to the...?? i cant seem to remember and on the back of the air intake pipe there is another nipple, now i dont have a hose connected to this...would this be my evap? or would the very tiny one be my evap? and if the one missing the hose isnt my evap then what is it? if its not the evap id like to replace it...if its the evap ill just cap it....any suggestions on easiest way to cap it? Thanks!...and i utilized the search function but i havnt really found anything

Are you talking about your intake manifold, intake piping, or the turbo intake?

If your talking about the turbo intake, you should only have 3 lines if I'm not mistaken: One from the valve cover breather, evap canister, and boost control solenoid. Definitely not one from the BOV. Everything but the valve cover line can be capped using a regular vacuum cap. Parts stores sell a whole variety pack for cheap.

Hm....isn't there an inch and a half line that goes from the stock bov to the intake pipe? Lol

On the intake pipe, there is a recirculation hole on top, 2 hoses on the rear for evap and valve cover breather, and a small nipple for the boost control solenoid in the front. Nothing to deal with a brake booster...

If by evap you mean the charcoal canister vacuum line the one tha goes under the battery tray. You can vent it I did for almost a year until I delete my EGR some will say don't do it. It creates a vacuum leak but like I said I did it for almost a year with no issues.

I deleted My Charcoal can and EGR... the line that comes up from the tank can be capped then or do i need to run a vent tube??? If I'm wrong correct me please its been over a year since I have taken my car apart... thanks
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

so I just bought a 95 talon awd and the smallest nipple under the intake was capped off the bcs solenoid has 2 open ports. and the hose off the waste gate was dangling and the one from the turbo dangling as well. car breaks up or every time I touch the gas pedal. I have to barely touch it to get the rpms to go up so the car is barely drivable. Its stock. when I bought it it had bad gas. I took apart both tanks put new pump and filter on and sucked rust out of the gas tank. then bought new plugs new wires and changed maf. same outcome. car runs terrible. the plugs were not wet but we're black af indicating running rich. any suggestions or opinion on the 2 hoses dangling

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back