The Central Hub for DSM Community and Information

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. This is where the DSM platform history is documented and archived. Log in to help us in our mission, and to remove most ads from the browsing experience.

Installing balanceshaft bearings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeterEvo

Probationary Member
22
0
Nov 7, 2009
Rotterdam, Europe
I removed my balanceshaft bearings and i will be putting new ones in soon.
Does anybody know,if I should or should not use a lubricant when installing?
I am talking about a 4G63 Lancer Evo II engine.

Thanks!
 
Yeah, all they are for is to block the oil passages where the shafts used to be. No moving parts or anything; stationary.
 
I am not installing the balanshaft delete kit.I am just mounting new OEM balanceshaft bearings. I will be using the balanceshafts in my block.
I guess this doesn't change the answer anyway? :)
 
You shouldn't need to grease behind the bearing where it mounts to the block, but put assembly lube on the front side of the bearing where the shaft is though.
 
Add Value - Be Respectful - No Trolling - No Misinformation - Participate Often!
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community

Latest Classifieds

Back
Top