The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

HY35 install pictures.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

im glad to see some interest. i hoped to finish this project last week, but the guy though i was trying to be with his girlfriend or something, and we never worked on it the whole weekend. truely a wasted weekend and i dont have time to argue about stupid stuff like that, because it takes my focus off everything else and i got behind in school because things like that bother me, and i never stop thinking about it.

^^Dam that sucks went through some similar shit with my ex best friend but not only did I stop helping him on his car and he knows nothing I also whipped his ass on top of that!! Anyway here is my Hx35 On an Ebay Manifold I had to fabricate up since the flange didnt exist...

Attachments

• Holset Setup.JPG
    Holset Setup.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 1,311
  • Holset 02.JPG
    Holset 02.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,301
  • Holset setup 1.JPG
    Holset setup 1.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,298
Anyone with the ebay manis have pics of their return line? I cut the crap out of the mount and can't seem to find a way to put the oil return without kinking. I have a mani just like Jeff99GS. I'm using 3/4in hose and fittings.

Anyone with the ebay manis have pics of their return line? I cut the crap out of the mount and can't seem to find a way to put the oil return without kinking. I have a mani just like Jeff99GS. I'm using 3/4in hose and fittings.

I have a few pics of my return line attached to the turbo before I mounted it. I can try to go jack the car up and take a few pics of it installed. I used a coat hanger and wrapped it around a 1" pole to create a spring type sleeve to slide around the hose. This spring will stop it from kinking. The oil drain should be at lease 19mm - 21mm inside diameter. Any smaller and you WILL damage your turbo.
3/4" inside diameter hose should be sufficient.

I made my own drain flanges, cause the ones that everyone sells are too small. I used 3/4" ID black iron pipe and welded a flat piece of steel to it to make a flange that bolts to the turbo. I ran the flat side on a belt sander to make sure it was smooth. Checking it with a known straight edge for flatness. Then I used the same 3/4" I.D black iron pipe and welded a piece directly to the oil pan. Slide your 1" ID hose over the nipples and hose clamp them tightly.

Attachments

• Image067.jpg
    Image067.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 171
  • Image050.jpg
    Image050.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 167
  • arrow.jpg
    arrow.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 188
  • Image076.jpg
    Image076.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 189
Jeff thanks for the pics. Yea can u take some under the car? So you just have a straight fitting from the turbo going down? Idk if the 2gs are different but there's no way it would fit straight down in mine I have to have a 45 at least and for the oil pan what fitting did you use?

Yes, my oil drain goes straight down out of the turbo. What is in the way that is preventing yours from going straight down?

For the oil pan, I welded a 2" long piece of 3/4" black iron pipe directly to the oil pan and welded the old bolt holes shut. Then I just slid the hose on the pipe and clamped it.

i put the whole setup for sale on dsmtuners classifieds. my friend needed money for insurance, so i gave him 300 and he gave me the whole setup. It is unfinished and really hard to sell. i put it up for the amount of money that was in it. I dont have an intention of making money on it. i just wanted to get out what was in it, if thats even possible idk. its listed for 450 OBO. i hate to see it go, but my friend owes me money and it shouldnt be my problem.

Gotcha.

Understandable.

W-w-waiiiiit....you just said you don't have intentions of.....

:ohdamn:

ROFL

LOL. here my situation. i sold him my dsm 600 down out of a total of 2000. Then joe got jealous, came to me wanting 900, or he was going to file a case for me spinning tires in his yard, my mom paid joe off. Work slowed down for the guy that bought my car. So i gave him 300 for the turbo setup. i thought it i could make 150 more off it, i could make it so he has 750 paid off for my car. Its a bad situation. Never sell you cars to your friends unless its 1 full payment. Im not saying i wont take 300 for it, but thats really cheap, especially being a bolt on. So in conclusion. i lost a lot of money

Also Next week joe is taking me to court for a $4000 dollar claim of defamation of character. He said if my parents didnt pay that off, he will file the claim. Claim is filed, we go to court on the 19th. As you can see he is extorting money. It hurts to be me everyday. I feel like i would be better off standing at the end of my street handing out $100 bills to everyone that walks by. He also told my mom I curse a lot. And he told here i speed in my volvo, Ironic how he says that when i have a restricted drivers license, and dont drive anywhere near his house!!!

I hear ya. I lent a friend a considerable sum back when we were teenagers to buy a CR125 so he would be able to race with me. He raced it, like, twice....and I never saw my money even after he eventually sold the bike. In hindsight I should have made a written agreement, or, if I were to do this again, the bike would be put in my name so once he decided he didn't want it then it would become mine to sell.

Regardless, we all live and learn.

Well since this project has bit the dust, I'll throw up some pics of Gabe Friend's HY35 installed setup, which happens to be the current E.T. and trap speed (possibly highest HP) leader of any HX35-based turbo :

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I shaved the actuator mount off the compressor cover and welded the wastegate flapper shut prior to giving the turbo to Gabe....he custom-fabbed the o2 housing. The Turbonetics manifold and HY35 mounted perfectly with only a tiny bit of grinding necessary to the turbine housing in order for it to clear the balance shaft tube. There is roughly 1/8" clearance between the turbine housing and the block.

Last edited by a moderator:
i found a use for my he351/hy35. it fits better on my bmw vs a small 16g i had on there. i already routed an oil feedline. The return line is tricky, the motor sits in sideways and it takes 8 quarts of oil. I have a feeling that the rods even dip in the oil. Really wierd. I mounted the oil return in the block, i hope it works. :thumb:

Attachments

• 1112101525.jpg
    1112101525.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 372
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back