The Central Hub for DSM Community and Information

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. This is where the DSM platform history is documented and archived. Log in to help us in our mission, and to remove most ads from the browsing experience.

HY35 supporting mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob5se

10+ Year Contributor
86
165
Aug 30, 2016
Wroclaw, Europe
Hey guys,
I'm debating whether to go bigger from my current 20G, and my main candidate is a HY35. My bottom end is more than enough to fully support this bad boy, so it's tempting, but I'm not so sure about a few other parts that I currently have and thought I'd ask some smarter people for some advice.

Current setup is A'PEXi FMIC and piping, Greddy UICP, 2G TB elbow and TB, stock 2G intake manifold, stock valvetrain, HKS 264/264 cams, 880cc PTE injectors, and a 320lph fuel pump.

My first main concern is my FMIC and intercooler piping setup. I'm not sure if that FMIC and piping (which has a 2.25-inch diameter and uses the stock route) won't be a choke point for a turbo this large. I'm planning to upgrade to a 1G TB and Evo 3/RVR intake manifold, so that leaves the FMIC and IC piping as my only concern in terms of the cold side. I'm definitely not changing the intercooler and piping, as they are one of my favorite parts of my build and took me so long to find in good condition.

Second concern is the cams and valvetrain. I've seen that most people paired the HY35 with 272s or bigger. Do you think 264s with the stock valvetrain (and stock redline) will be enough?

I'd love to hear opinions from more experienced DSMers before deciding what to do. The car is and will be tuned on 93 octane (European 98 RON to be exact), if that changes anything.
 
Last edited:
Add Value - Be Respectful - No Trolling - No Misinformation - Participate Often!
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

  • For sale 4G63 3 inch Magnaflow SS high flow cat. CA approved.
    3 inch Magnaflow stainless cat. High flow. 18.25 inches. Flange holes are 4 1/8 center. Has...
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
  • For sale 4G63 Race parts.
    Brand new seal in box Kigglys HLA 175$Kigglys 12 tooth billet crankshaft triggel setup 250$...
    • GST2012GSX
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 4G63 MHI 20G Turbo
    MHI 20G Turbo $500 + shipping & paypal fees* setup for external waste gate * just serviced by...
    • jersygsx
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 2G Manual Shifter Cables
    2G Manual Shifter Cables $90 + shipping & paypal feesYou must be registered to see element.You...
    • jersygsx
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 2G Driver Side Drip Molding ( no peel or chrome showing )
    2G Driver Side Drip Molding $95 + shipping & paypal fees* no peel or chrome showingYou must...
    • jersygsx
    • Updated:
    • Expires
Back
Top