The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Holset HY35 SetUp

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duwackerTSi69

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 7, 2008
Jack Stands, Wisconsin
Okay now that I can FINALLY post in this part of the forum, I would like to ask for some of you turbo pro's for some help?

I am going to start my Hy35 build in about 3 months. Everything that I have is listed with a $ sign next to it, and everything else is up for opinions and ideas. I am shooting for around 325-375 reliable AWHP. This car will be my daily driver and maybe some acasional 1/4 mile days. I rarely beat on my car and very few hard launches. So now I am sure you wanna see a parts list? And here is the list--

$ 17x7 Konig Villains with BFG's ZR rated tires( i got a great deal for 5 of them)
$ New clutch master cylinder & slave
$ ACT 2100 clutch
$ Hy35 Holset turbo
$ Apexi Fmic
$ Apexi N1 3inch catback exh
$ Megan 3inch DP
$ Autometer boost,oil,egt and air/fuel gauges
$ Freshly rebuilt motor with Ross Rings and standard bore pistons/ rods
$ Ajusa head gasket from Jackson Machine(Great People)
$ Magnacore wires

This is what I need, if I miss something or think I need it, then chime in

Injectors-750's ??
Tuning device-My bro is getting V3 DSM Link, and I need someone to use it for me:confused:Im comp IlItErAtE??
I believe this is a T3/T4 flanged turbo, so I need a sturdy exhaust mani??
Someone to help fab a flange for my Megan DP to align with the hotside of the turbo O2 housing??

And im sure I missed a few things, so thats where I need your help guys. So far does this sound like a good start or setup for this project? I know there hasn't been anyone on this forum that used this turbo, or atleast has not posted it?? Everyones gung hoe on the 7 blade Hx and trying for 600hp(my bro included), but thats to extreme for me. Thanks in advanced guys

The Hy is a v band clamp so I dont thing bullsey makes housing for this turbo?? And I have been told the 2100 would do just fine for my style of driving, and the 2600 would be overkill? If she dont hold then I will get one?

Fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, depends on your tranny maybe a rebuild, boost controller, you would save a bunch of money getting an ebay intercooler or from the vendors on here.

Fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, depends on your tranny maybe a rebuild, boost controller, you would save a bunch of money getting an ebay intercooler or from the vendors on here.

Good lookin on the fuel pump +1 and FPR.. I already have the Apexi FMIC.
Im in the middle of the tranny right know?/:ohdamn: PITA
The MBC is next on the list.

What would be better. External or internal WG

you going to want to go externally gated. Id just go with the 38mm setup. Depending on where your wastegate is you may have to weld/tachweld the flapper

Also if you dont find a manifold that extends further you are going to have to use 1/2" spacers (possibly 2) or get the manifold flange remilled at a steeper angle.

Your downpipe is going to have to be custom also and you are going to need to relocate your alternator so it can fit.

Also you are probably going to have to get mitsubishi's fat stuff oil filter so your downpipe doesnt run into it.

you going to want to go externally gated. Id just go with the 38mm setup. Depending on where your wastegate is you may have to weld/tachweld the flapper

Also if you dont find a manifold that extends further you are going to have to use 1/2" spacers (possibly 2) or get the manifold flange remilled at a steeper angle.

Your downpipe is going to have to be custom also and you are going to need to relocate your alternator so it can fit.

Also you are probably going to have to get mitsubishi's fat stuff oil filter so your downpipe doesnt run into it.

So your saying I wont even be able to incorporate my megan DP? I dont think that is going to be nessesary?

Do you have the hy35 which has the 9cm housing with five bolt wastegate plate like hx35?
If you have the turbine like this, you can buy a 5bolt holset flange and weld a pipe/flange to mate to your downpipe and keep your alternator. It would be similar to a 5bolt garret/mitsu O2 housing.
eBay Motors: Holset turbo flange HX35 HY35 2.3 Ford Nissan Honda B16 (item 300300137210 end time Mar-19-09 23:25:50 PDT)

Yes its the 9cm housing. I was looking at this flange you posted link about, and was thinking on getting it?

About my parts list, does it sound good? What about injector sizing, are 750's good enough or is it overkill?

750's should be adequate, but if you can get bigger it wont hurt if you have dsm link and a 255 pump with a pressure regulator

I was thinking the same thing on the 750's? I just sold a bunch of my rx7 stuff last night so Ima try and pick some up by this weekend?
Who is a good with dsmling-ecmlink so I can get a hand with setting up my car when it comes time for it? Remember im in wisconsin??LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back