The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

First G50 Install.. W/Pictures

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yeah I hear you guys on this subject. I like living in Cali but my love for fast cars is WAY bigger than my love for Cali. So unfortunately my DSM just stays in the garage until someone wants to race it. I would move to Texas in a heartbeat if a decent job with equal income presented itself. Plus Texas has no state tax. Not to mention those southern women. mmmm hmmmm. I was in the bay area for about 6 years but I'm down by Santa Barbara now. In a town called Santa Maria. (Where the Michael Jackson trial was)

But as far as your car, I think it's very possible you got a bad tank of gas. Especially if it didn't knock that bad last time you tuned it. And I say just convert back to stock to pass the ref and then go back to race mode.

However this is only part of a much bigger picture that I would look at if I were you:

1. Look at how much you've spent and how much effort you've put out to only make the little bit of power you have. The guys with the V-8's laugh at us for this very same reason. They slap on an intake and exhaust and their already at 400 HP in many cases. Plus their cars sound way tougher than ours.

2. Sit down and think logicly about the future with that car and how much you love it. If you can accept the fact that this could easily happen again and all of this is worth it to you, I say go for it. However if it's not, I say you may want to explore other avenues.

3. Think about this car and it's purpose as far as your life and transportation. If you keep it you may wanna consider making it into a track car. After all, a track car can be registered non op and you wouldn't ever have to worry about getting pulled over because you wouldn't drive it on the street. Plus you'd never again have to worry about driving it on our California pump .

Another thing to consider is that Al from Dyno Flash constantly puts out 500+ awhp Evo's. It's not magic bro. Ya just gotta know what set up will do the job and stick to it. Unfortunately you lost out on $540 plus a lot of your free time that you'll never get back to only make a few extra ponies. The meth injection from the Aqua Mist kits they hype is usually the missing piece of the puzzle for pump gas street cars.

I'm 32 years old and ed away A LOT of money trying to keep high powered street DSM's. For me, I just had to walk myself through those 3 steps and make a decision. So now my DSM is no longer a street legal street car and I love it like that. Plus it's not really worth anything to me any more so I don't worry about buying high $$$ parts. What ever works is what I use. No need for dependable reliability here. It's a track car that rarely hits the street.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Did not read the last page and a half, but man do not give up. It could be all in the tune. I paid someone $150 to dyno tune my car, they...well, they did not do the best job. I have since GREATLY improved on there tune. Just keep at it man, check and re-check everything and try working at the tune yourself.

yeah.. they pulled me over for my exhaust.. which lead to popping the hood.. then it was over.. I have full 3 inch back. to an evo9 muffler now :thumb: sounds 100% stock

yeah.. they pulled me over for my exhaust.. which lead to popping the hood.. then it was over.. I have full 3 inch back. to an evo9 muffler now :thumb: sounds 100% stock

did you mod the muffler? because they are not 3" LOL

That's exactly what i said.. A 50trim doesn't flow much more than an evo3 16g. A 50trim has been shown to flow MAX around 50lbs a min. Most people never get that high, most get around 46lbs a min. I've seen evo3 16g's flow 44-45lbs a min easy.

RYAN! Where are all these accurate 50lb/min logs of evo3 16g builds :) ????

Ryan, I've been on the link forums as much or more than you and that 46lb/min number simply is not the case. I swear! A few accomplished builders push a turbo to 499whp and all of a sudden you have everyone blasting that it can flow 50lb/min. . . Who cares what the accomplished show for airflow. . .

The evo3 16g flows 42lb/min based on the map and the 50-trim flows 49lb/min based on the map. Whoever can make 500whp with the evo3 16g can make 550+ whp with the 50-trim. No one who's made that number with the evo3 16g has gone to a 50-trim. <==That's the secret. . .

whats up guys... just updating on my reff situation... looks like im keeping the car :D i resealed the engine up with new gaskets when i put it back to stock.. well i still the cams, springs and retainers, front mount and intake and ported o2 housing.. i like to think of the stuff still on it so i dont miss my other setup :cry:

but ill be doing another build soon... ill keep you posted..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back