The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

How much horsepower to expect?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCz Eclipse

10+ Year Contributor
May 1, 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
As of now, my 91 gsx is bone stock besides a 16g. In the next few months, using school grant money :D:shhh::D:shhh::D, i will be putting some parts on. I have a TBE exhaust ready to put on now, its a 2g ported exhaust manifold, megan o2 housing, PR dp, thunderbolt cat, and an ebay ss catback. In addition to the exhaust i will be putting a dejon air intake on as well as a vrsf fmic, and maybe some 272 cams (still undecided). With those bolt on i will be turning the boost up to about 15-18 lbs, and will finish it all off with a good tune. What do you guys think i will be running with those bolt ons and boost level. If any info is needed just ask.

Thanks

Forgot to add the 190 fuel pump, and probably some 750cc injectors.

It depends on what dyno you use, dynojet or mustang dyno and how good of tune you have. What are you using to tune with? Dsmlink or just an air/fuel controller? With the list of mods you mentioned at around 18psi and a good tune, you should be able to make 275-350 to the wheels on a dynojet.

What do you guys recommend i do. I just have a motoguys garage ecu, nothing special. I am going to look inside to see if anything has been done to it, or if it is chipable. If it is not chipable, should i get it coverted and chipped? I know nothing about the tuning side of the upgrading, i need some input on tuning.

Its all in the tune and temperature at the time of the dyno to be honest. Its coolingoff so you should be able to make good numbers. You will get power-jaded super quick tho LOL and want way more. Just get a good reputable shop that knows link very well and dyno tune it. I would guestimate roughly 275-300

I have a 95 GSx and all stock motor with 3G lifters which isnt gonna increase hp but anyways all stock stock air intake with 16G and RC750 injectors along with dsmlink V3 plus 255 pump on 91 oct and all the supporting bolt ons to make a fully built motor go past 500-600 hp mark with 1000cc injectors and now my GT35 turbo i was making around 270-300 hp and that not with the big stuff i mention.. hope this helps but yes there are cars that have made 300 hp mark

Really hp don't mean a damn thing here.. It would be more like will it run correctly after the mods. Lots of factors blah blah always under guess what you think you will make and thats how much you will make anything past that and it's a bonus. New cars these days out run many DSM I know.

But GL Cheers!:thumb:

No bench racing in the tech forums.

Want to know how much power it makes? Bolt some shit on the car, tune it, and take it to a dyno....or take it to the dyno and tune it while you're at the dyno- you choose. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back