The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

How can i beat the locals? Im the lonely GS.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zxStar Screamxz

Probationary Member
Aug 4, 2009
Red Bluff, California
Well i live in the very small town of red bluff.
DSM population 3.

Anyway, this town, Chico and Redding, are taken over by the mustang GT. You can find every year of them right here. 65', 88', 95', and now the 08's.

So how can i compete with the locals? With my stock 99' non-turbo Eclipse, i dont stand a chance. i wish i knew some people around this area with a decent DSM so i can ask some questions and learn from them.

What are some mods that will shut up the mustang.

Over 300 horses under the 08's.

Theres just no DSM love around here. ( ricers dont count )
if they loved their car so much, why did they go with rice?

Sell your car and buy a GSX or TSI AWD.. then slap a turbo, injectors, fuel pump, and a piggyback

If you actually want help join 2gnt.com, all your going to get on here is sell your car and buy a 4g63, you can run around 10 psi of boost on a stock motor with a fmu, and the 420a actually handles boost rather well.

Your just outclassed, it's not like these are V6 mustangs your trying to beat. Like everyone is telling ya, save up for a turbo model. Only other thing I can tell ya is don't let it bother you and just enjoy the nice gas mileage.

or, buy a 1968 Mustang BOSS 302 and really have some fun with it.. and DD your 420A

or, you could get UGLY and find a 68 to 70 Dodge Charger with the 426 Hemi and scare them "Ponies" back into their pastures....

or, learn and live with what you got being a 420A and let them go ahead in making fools of themselves. Do you want to lower yourself in being a fool like them?

There's Mustangs, GTO's and noisy little Hondas all around me. They look at me being stock and just drive by since I don't look menacing (even though I can easily eat them up in a heartbeat, but just know better..)

True, you're way outclassed - 4 cyl against either a V6 or a V8. Thus, I wouldn't be all butt hurt to worry on that one ...

Have fun being a GS in your town.. (this thread might disappear anywhos....)

-DSM

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back