The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Home made shift knob

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hal

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 11, 2006
aurora, Colorado
I wanted something heavier.

Cost of materials, about $3.00 at the scrap yard

Attachments

• 2012-04-27_19-11-46_910.jpg
    2012-04-27_19-11-46_910.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 261
  • 2012-04-28_14-16-14_499.jpg
    2012-04-28_14-16-14_499.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 366
  • 2012-04-29_11-28-28_816.jpg
    2012-04-29_11-28-28_816.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 275
looks good.. metal ones get to hot down here where i live, but since your in CO then you dont have to worry.. are u going to make some and sell them?

Wow, A little to big, OMG but I like the idea! As long as it isn't inappropriate we are good...:sneaky:

It looks bigger than it is, it's 52mm in diameter.

I won't be making any to sell.

Hal

Impressive. Wouldn't want to grab that thing in the summer though!

Impressive as always Hal.

And I have a metal knob, and a windshield cover and dark tint go a long ways to prevent the knob from getting too hot. So does parking in the garage for that matter.

looks great, i have a metal/leather momo knob and the heat isnt that bad its the cold in the winter that sucks

Just saying for those people who say it gets hot during summer, why not remove it before you get off the car? ;D

Also that looks sick! If you would of made those for sale I would of bought one! ):

Good job though! Came out great!

I've got a metal ball identical to that in my 3g and the metal greddy counterweight in the talon, even down in AZ it never got hot enough to bother me.

I was just thinking of throwing some 2" bar stock on the lather and making a new knob similar to that. Looks good.

Also people could put a rag over it so it wouldn't burn there hand :p just throwing ideas out there! I still want his Shift knob it looks epic hahaha

nice job, would you mind sharing with methe typ of ball turner you use on your lathe? the one i made sucked ass but it was built by the plans, looking tobuild a nice replacement

as for "hot shift knobs" just throw a liquid to air intercooler on it LOL

nice job, would you mind sharing with methe typ of ball turner you use on your lathe? the one i made sucked ass but it was built by the plans, looking tobuild a nice replacement

as for "hot shift knobs" just throw a liquid to air intercooler on it LOL

No ball turning fixture.

The lathe is CNC :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back