The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Home aluminum welding

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Id have to say that tje stremgth and integrity are questionable. I wouldnt use it on anything that will see heat or tensile strain. Seems to be about the equivalent of aluminum solder with some form of epoxy.

Not welding. More like a soldering process. Says on the website that it is capable of 13,500psi tensile strength. Almost 1/3 the required strength of a 5xxx aluminum weld per the AWS D1.2. For small non critical jobs, it shouldn't be too bad.

Looks like a plumber sealing copper pipes IMO.

Ive used similar stuff before. I "welded" my old intercooler pipes with this method. Held 23psi without any problems. Its a pain to use and very hard to fill gaps but it does work.

I use brazing rod from time to time, such as this. The stuff that used to be mass marketed was called "alumaloy", they even had tv commercials. Harbor freight sells the same stuff, which is what I use. Depending on the thickness of the material you need to get it VERY hot before the rod will flow, which is bad because it can distort the parent material. Welding is much better because you can control the heat, and will make for a much stronger joint. This stuff has it's pro's, but I wouldn't use it for intercooler pipes, intake manifolds, etc.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back