The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

holset oil drain

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I run a 10 AN with no problems. My oil pressure doesnt get over 60psi at WOT. It seems the guys running higher pressures run into issues.

Thanks. i have no idea why i couldnt find that. another question will running a -10 drain setup make the compressor wheel hit the housing? or just blow the seals?

i was running a -10 on my last setup and didnt have ny problems either. but i would rather be safe then sorry. so you dont think it will be an issue? running an hy35 with -10 drain?

Make sure you don't have excessive crankcase pressure! I have a -12 line but my center section has seeped some due to the crankcase pressure I have. I am currently resolving that issue with one of Calan's catch cans :hellyeah:

I use a stock 2g return line but my oil pressure doesnt go above 75psi at redline. Had to port the oil relief hole and cut half a spring, my H1c was used with god knows how many miles, ive had no preoblems with it since I bolted it on 2 months ago. Its all in the oil pressure stay in spec.

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I have been thinking about changing my 10an drain to a 12an. Is there any modifications that have to be done to use a 12an? If so does anybody have a link? much appreciated :thumb:

if it's not kinked or have any otherflow reducing problems a -10 is more than fine. I used to run a kinked ass piece of #### heater hose and a stock 1g drain cut off at the flex section. Worked fine fore me, giving the turbo way more oil than recommended.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back