The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

My Barbaric/Massive oil drain. Holset HY35

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMDEMON93

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 18, 2009
San Jose, California
Hey everyone, I would like to share my custom fabrication on the board and ask a question or two about it.

So far, I am about to run an HY35. I have read COUNTLESS articles regarding drain lines, and feed restrictors and yada yada yada. I decided to off the edge.

My oil drain setup consists of: 3/4NPT pipe straight off the turbo (Now, 3/4'' NPT has an ID close to 1'') And a 45'' npt pipe and elbow welded to the pan. NOW, this isn't the issue I have.

The only size hose that can match the temperature, and chemical properties of oil was a -20AN Line I purchased. The line fits over well, but there is a little play in between the inner wall and pipe fitting.

My question is: Can I use a worm clamp or two on each end of the hose? There's really no way the hose can work itself off. As about 1''+ of pipe is in the hose the entire time, I am wondering if the oil will seep around the clamp. Any inputs?

Since I couldn't find a nice photo on my phone, here is one of the drain flange I made on the turbo. LOOK AT ALL THAT SPACE! :D ROFL

And all this was WAY cheaper than a -12 setup.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I just used the stock holset drain on the turbo side, cut to 1" long, and welded a 1" piece of it to a flange on the oil pan side. Its tight, but a 5/8" to 3/4" hole can be drilled into the pan. And I used a piece of 3/4" heater hose to connect them for lack of anything better at the time. This will change later

Thats hilarious. Well, no amount of cc pressure will stop oil from flowing in that thing!!

I used a worm clamp on my drain with no ill effects. It doesn't really see pressure.

I run an hx40 and I found a 12an flange for the turbo and welded a 12an fitting on the oil pan and bought 2 45 degree pushlock 12an fittings and a small chunk of 3/4 pushlock hose and it works great.

Cut it shorter, weld a bead around the edge of the 'fitting' to give it a bead/lip like a regular fitting has, slide the hose over and throw on a clamp - DONE!

There is not really any pressure running through the drain line, especially one of that size, so there really isn't much worry of it coming off if you tighten the clamps down properly.

Thanks for the input guys, I just made it out of stuff I found, only about 7 bucks, I ate paint chips as a kid so..LOL Jk. But I was trying to be different. The fitting is welded to the pan and it looks good, I just didnt want a seep around the fitting

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back