The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink Holset HX35W Dyno. Stock Head/Block. 606 AWHP

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did nobody else notice the 40 psi on stock motor part:hellyeah:? I've had mine spike there a few times but I never considered actually running it that high. Also I'm surprised you didn't have knock issues with the stock cams. I couldn't get over 17* of timing on e85 before cams at 30 psi....are the cams at stock timing?
Cams are at stock timing.

Yeah a 12cm housing is pretty big and it makes them laggy. Although that seems worse than I'd expect. Perhaps there's a bit of creep going on.

I believe part of the reason it is "laggy" is the intake system volume. I have a hawver intake manifold which is larger volume and the intake pipe from the turbo through the intercooler and to the TB is all 2.75" ID. It's a lot of volume.

That's what I was thinking. Either due to boost controller settings, the wastegate not being fully seated, or blowing open. What really makes me think something is wrong with the wastegate setup is the 1,000 Rpms it takes to get from 30 to 40 psi. That's the beauty of an external wastegate, you know when it cracks open.

The 600awhp run was with the wastegate closed and disconnected from vacuum.

The 600awhp run was with the wastegate closed and disconnected from vacuum.
That doesn't mean it can't be blowing open. Internal wastegates are notorious for cracking open at high boost. If you want to run a lot of boost, I'd suggest welding the internal shut, and running an external setup off the manifold collector with a high spring pressure.

That doesn't mean it can't be blowing open. Internal wastegates are notorious for cracking open at high boost. If you want to run a lot of boost, I'd suggest welding the internal shut, and running an external setup off the manifold collector with a high spring pressure.

I respect your input, but I will be staying with the internal wastegate.

In this particular instance. I am Confident the wastegate was not blowing open.

If you dont want it to open anyway at least tack weld it shut so you know 100%. You must be at MAX on that turbo if you are running it essentially non wastegated at full rpm range, if you dont need to control boost and it stays at 40 closed. Hell i say weld it anyway.

If you dont want it to open anyway at least tack weld it shut so you know 100%. You must be at MAX on that turbo if you are running it essentially non wastegated at full rpm range, if you dont need to control boost and it stays at 40 closed. Hell i say weld it anyway.

I don't intend to keep the setup this way. I called this dyno an accident because I never intended to run that much boost. I installed the wrong wastegate.

I'll be dialing this setup back to about 450awhp. I am achieving good results in controlling boost down to about 30 psi with a different wastegate and a boost controller. In the next coupe months I will work on utilizing the dsm link boost control function.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back