The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Highest WHP Auto DSM

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

did you finally pick you up one?

Sadly, no. Still frequenting craigslist. There is a GS that has been for sale at a dealer for a couple months now. Been researching 420a turbo conversions like crazy. I'm not buying as a drag car or anything but I want some HP. ;-)
I also had a local friend offer me his 95 talon tsi for $1800, but its 5-speed and needs a clutch.
I plan on putting together a sweet NH/ME DSM meet as soon as I can pick one up. Maybe some sort of charity thing to go along with it. ;-)

What is he putting down? Member on here?

I would stay away from a 420a man, with what you spend on a 420a car along with a turbo conversion you could have a really nice AWD DSM making more power too and it will be more dependable, I'm sure you know the 420a's aren't built to be boosted. there is also a forum just for NE dsm's its NewEngDSM.org :: Index its kinda like tuners just for NE people, might find something up there your looking for.

You should buy that 95' talon if its AWD I have a awd trans and transfer case with 103K miles on it.

What is he putting down? Member on here?

Somewhere around the 1000wheel area, through an auto..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi1aImxI_Zg]Jeff Bush - DSM 8.07 @ 172.51 - English Racing - YouTube[/ame]

This is old but still..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4e8RfpDhh4]Worlds Fastest Auto DSM - 8.20 @ 176mph - English Racing - YouTube[/ame]

Ill show you a 650whp auto. Just give me 6 months. They can hold a TON of power with relatively low cost.
I cant wait to swap to awd auto. Fourcedfour box, IPT restalled converter,shift kit, clutches...... Im droolin.

Autos, im still researching and learning. Id like to see some 500+whp auto guys post up.

Ill show you a 650whp auto. Just give me 6 months. They can hold a TON of power with relatively low cost.
I cant wait to swap to awd auto. Fourcedfour box, IPT restalled converter,shift kit, clutches...... Im droolin.

Autos, im still researching and learning. Id like to see some 500+whp auto guys post up.

Buddy of mine Mr Peepers on here, just went 10.08 @ 132 in his auto 1g on an hx35. Stock auto trans, stock convertor and no nitrous.

Serious weight reduction? Stock converter is the most shocking part though. I thought those were nearly useless at the track. I'll be looking into a 75lb turbo so a re stall is a must.
Thats damn good time no matter what though. I think at 600whp at full weight i shouldnt have a tough time running in the 10s. Ive never ran at a track on anything ever but an auto is a whole lot easier to launch ovbiously.

10.14 @ 131 stock weight. The most recent 10.08 was with some "slight" (2800lbs) weight reduction to try and keep from breaking. Mind you this car is driven on the street REGULARLY! Driven to and from the track constantly. Oh and on a stock 6 bolt.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
10.14 @ 131 stock weight. The most recent 10.08 was with some "slight" (2800lbs) weight reduction to try and keep from breaking. Mind you this car is driven on the street REGULARLY! Driven to and from the track constantly. Oh and on a stock 6 bolt.

Mr. Peepers resets dsm hx35 record! - YouTube

Damn. Yea i plan on using my dsm like i have been. Car to go to the gym 4 days a week(20 miles round trip) and maybe an extra 20-40 miles on a sunday. Since im going auto awd its a given that i go to the track a coupe times a year. I think theres a rule about that somewhere. haha
Anyway, yea more fast autos! Post up

75 pound turbo? Whats that? Sounds heavy ;) :p

haha, why you think i lift so hard? gotta hoist that "75lber" in there one handed! HA:thumb:

I figured most would understand what a "XXlb" turbo meant. Guess i was wrong. yea dude, im looking at either the 3786(not the 3586) or the S364ett. Lb/min is what i was obviously inferring, uh, not the physical weight of the turbocharger

Edit: Concrete for my brand new garage getting poured MONDAY!!!! My build thread will kick off after surgery in mid december. Ill post up a pic of a 75lb turbo just for you urban! haha
You know you got the fever when you write over 12,000 in checks in 3 days just to write another 10k in checks for parts/machining on your dsm. Im having this damn garage built for the sole purpose of the swap and rebuild of my current motor.

What turbo specifically did you have in mind?

Seeiously though. "75lb turbo" means nothing, unless your talking anout lb/min of flow. Which you didn't say.....

An fp3586'will get you there.

At the absolute far right edge of the map, maybe. Realistically, next to no one actually sees the max flow of a turbo. Even the small snails.

If you have a projected need for ~75lb/min massflow, pick a turbo that can service at least ~10-15% more than that in the areas of the map your VE/Engine demand and RPM will be at target PR. ;)

Because unless you are racing in an inducer limited class, there's no reason to not make it easier on yourself with a bigger compressor that can do it easier and more efficiently.

Thats the plan, LS. Thats why i think the 3786 is a better choice. That thing is around 85lb/min if im not mistaken.

I have a log from a dude at 42 psi on a fp3586 methanol and 93 octane with a perfect Ve map and was seeing 80lb a min....
You were saying what landspeed? Lol

As for op, I'll also be picking up a 3794 next season, not aure why you want the 86HTA compressor over the 67/94mm 3794

The 3786 is the 3586 compressor with the 37r turnine. Why not go for the big compressor also? Or are you concerned with spool?

I have a log from a dude at 42 psi on a fp3586 methanol and 93 octane with a perfect Ve map and was seeing 80lb a min....

This does not in anyway negate what I stated, nor change its intent. I have run two turbos off into the choke flow of their published maps, yielding higher than rated flow figures as we have discussed previously...

The mass figures are plotted at a fixed inlet temperature and pressure. It is easy to exceed those numbers if you have a setup that already approaches maxing out the compressor on a 80*F day, when they are usually rated around 60*F, and then log some pulls when it's 30*F and at/near sea level like where I am.

As for op, I'll also be picking up a 3794 next season, not aure why you want the 86HTA compressor over the 67/94mm 3794

The 3786 is the 3586 compressor with the 37r turnine. Why not go for the big compressor also? Or are you concerned with spool?

i double checked and was going to edit. You are correct, the 3794 or, if i go bullseye/BW the s366, is the way to go. Im leaning hard towards the FP 3794.\
Im planning a 2.0L keeping my eagle rods, stock crank, but going 10.5:1 wiseco HDs. Spool is not a concern. I dont care about lag especially since its going to be auto.

i know i can take a 3586 and put down 700whp but i dont want to run 42psi if i dont have to. Ill take the lag penalty in exchange for running more lb/min at less psi. Optimally i dont think my setup will see past 32psi if i run something as big as a 3794.
This new build is going to be tricky i think but as long as the head is done right, cams are degreed this time around, and break in goes well I should be right on track.

BTW, off topic but breaking in an engine with an auto tranny. That will be a first for me.

Serious weight reduction? Stock converter is the most shocking part though. I thought those were nearly useless at the track. I'll be looking into a 75lb turbo so a re stall is a must.
Thats damn good time no matter what though. I think at 600whp at full weight i shouldnt have a tough time running in the 10s. Ive never ran at a track on anything ever but an auto is a whole lot easier to launch ovbiously.

I'd be happy to hit 500whp through the auto. Luckily that doesn't matter as much, since you can 60' and 1/8th mile so well it will ET great for the power. Even just street tires and full interior it's been 10.5, likely making less than 500whp.

The last 10.08 pass it weighed more than 2800 lb, closer to 2900 and about 3060-3080 with me in it. I put more of the interior back in it since it was really bothering me :p It's definitely possible to hit 9's with 500whp through a well sorted auto(1.4x or even 1.3x 60')

Basically, whp isn't the point of an auto. It's getting the power to the ground.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back