The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Help with als with auto trans

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I attached logs of ALS testing after doing the brake switch wiring. 2 logs are with timing change and 2 are without timing change. Not sure if doing the brake wiring helped or not. But I was able to gain 10 psi. I also changed launch limit and als rpm to close to each other. Not sure if that was the solution or not either.

Could I raise the launch rpm and als rpm to around 4k, would that help build boost quicker or help in anyway? I didnt change timing values to the same. I just gave the 4 a few down clicks.
Also, what are the next steps for me? Not sure where to go from here.
Yes, if you can raise RPM and if your brake can hold it, technically it would be better.
In the logs, you were not having the fuel cut from the launch limiter. I think you should try to set RPM for both anti lag and launch limit the same and see if it would make any difference. But to be honest, I am not so sure if you would be able to gain more by adding fuel cut, it may not affect any or perhaps worse. I think ignition cut would be the best but ECMLink's is fuel cut.

Yes, if you can raise RPM and if your brake can hold it, technically it would be better.
In the logs, you were not having the fuel cut from the launch limiter. I think you should try to set RPM for both anti lag and launch limit the same and see if it would make any difference. But to be honest, I am not so sure if you would be able to gain more by adding fuel cut, it may not affect any or perhaps worse. I think ignition cut would be the best but ECMLink's is fuel cut.
I know the new relay is working with the brake switch. Ill try setting them both for the same rpm. Some more questions/clarification, am I supposed to be targeting to get afr to 11.5 during this? During the stall up, there are more cells that light up when tracking, do I adjust those to? For the test in the log above, the brakes were holding. Kiggly says a 4k launch is ideal. I think I should work to get that if I could. Am I just making timing lower until I see knock? I wish it was a hair more aggressive but I was able to built 10psi. I wish that 10psi was at 4k. There is not much info regarding tuning this. If you know of any good threads or how to for timing that would be great.

Wish I could tell you some but I don't use antilag on an auto car. Hope auto people who have experience with antilag would chime in and would give you some guidance.
I made it the same rpm. I think I like it the other way around. You can see the results.

Attachments

• als test same rpm.elg
    21.3 KB · Views: 23
Yes. You should play more and find out better setting for your setup.
If you happen to have an external rev limiter/launch controller that works with ignition cut, perhaps it's worth a try to combine with ECMLink antilag, since nitrous is not an option for you.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back