The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

help with my auto transmission please

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

renzt2

Probationary Member
Jul 16, 2003
Asia
lately about 6 months my 1997 eclipse GST is shifting and jerking little some times ir revs up then down the shift. so i decided to change my fluid to mobil 1 synthethic atf and i notice a little improvement. but to my curiosity i check on my dipstick and i saw that the mobil 1 fliud poured in was over the limit of "hot" so i decided to drain some to lessen the level to desired and after drainin about a liter i cheack again while the car is running the while passing all the drive and low and reverse the level was still high so i decided that a liter would be enough. but to my surprise while driving out the shifting and jerking became worst than ever now so i continue to drive to observe in jerks like hell and even revs up to 6000 before it kicks back to shift up and sometimes shift to fast... so i poured sum atf back abd it lessen a bit but not back to normal now. i'm planning to drain all the fluid now and place new fluids. what could have cause this problem? is it air maybe inside my transmission or i might have damage it in draining or i just have to drain it all... can you give me tips or procedures on what to do?

do i need to rebuilt my transmission? how do i check the level of fluid? how many liters do you usually out?

please help me with this.

thank you so much

Lorenzo Tan II
Phlippines

Originally posted by renzt2
lately about 6 months my 1997 eclipse GST is shifting and jerking little some times ir revs up then down the shift. so i decided to change my fluid to mobil 1 synthethic atf and i notice a little improvement. but to my curiosity i check on my dipstick and i saw that the mobil 1 fliud poured in was over the limit of "hot" so i decided to drain some to lessen the level to desired and after drainin about a liter i cheack again while the car is running the while passing all the drive and low and reverse the level was still high so i decided that a liter would be enough. but to my surprise while driving out the shifting and jerking became worst than ever now so i continue to drive to observe in jerks like hell and even revs up to 6000 before it kicks back to shift up and sometimes shift to fast... so i poured sum atf back abd it lessen a bit but not back to normal now. i'm planning to drain all the fluid now and place new fluids. what could have cause this problem? is it air maybe inside my transmission or i might have damage it in draining or i just have to drain it all... can you give me tips or procedures on what to do?

do i need to rebuilt my transmission? how do i check the level of fluid? how many liters do you usually out?

please help me with this.

thank you so much

Lorenzo Tan II
Phlippines
Are you checking the fluid level with the car running in neutral?
-John

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back