The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Help with 2 step schematic (MegaSquirt)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is your MSnS configured for it internally? Is the circuit already built? If the circuit is built you just need to know what output its wired to and hook that output to your clutch switch.

the board was build to the specs of msextra.com . So if it was added idont know. it's a diyautotune.com kit. my problem is I cant read this. Am I suppose to use Q2and q19?

Attachments

• highinput2.gif
    highinput2.gif
    16.8 KB · Views: 944
  • lowinput2.gif
    lowinput2.gif
    9 KB · Views: 955
Hold on, I think I got it. I remove r10, the add another 2n2222a on pin 1 to 5v above proto section with a 1 k resistor. Pin 2 ????????. pin 3 goes to proto area ground.

Hold on, I think I got it. I remove r10, the add another 2n2222a on pin 1 to 5v above proto section with a 1 k resistor. Pin 2 ????????. pin 3 goes to proto area ground.

NO! That entire circuit is to be built in the proto area; it has nothing to do with the other circuitry already in place. If you modify any of the existing components, something else will stop working. For instance, doing what you mentioned with R10 would disable the oxygen sensor input.

I recommend the active low circuit over the active high circuit. The cathode of the one diode and the 2.2 kohm resistor are both connected to the +5V pad above the proto area. The part that says "Input to MS ECU" can be connected to either JS4 or JS5. The other end should be connected to a spare port on the connector (SPR1, SPR2, etc. or any of the unused IAC pins). Finally, connect your switch to the corresponding wire in your harness.

If you're not familiar with electronic schematics or building circuits, I highly recommend you have a professional do this work.

VelocitàPaola;152326572 said:
NO! That entire circuit is to be built in the proto area; it has nothing to do with the other circuitry already in place. If you modify any of the existing components, something else will stop working. For instance, doing what you mentioned with R10 would disable the oxygen sensor input.

I recommend the active low circuit over the active high circuit. The cathode of the one diode and the 2.2 kohm resistor are both connected to the +5V pad above the proto area. The part that says "Input to MS ECU" can be connected to either JS4 or JS5. The other end should be connected to a spare port on the connector (SPR1, SPR2, etc. or any of the unused IAC pins). Finally, connect your switch to the corresponding wire in your harness.

If you're not familiar with electronic schematics or building circuits, I highly recommend you have a professional do this work.

+1, Symtech doesn't charge much anyway, I think its a total of 30 bucks.

VelocitàPaola;152326572 said:

thanks that what i was triing to find out. Sorry but, written direction easy to follow.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back