The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Megasquirt 1 or 2?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silvreclips

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 19, 2005
Greenville, South_Carolina
Well Im looking in to getting megasquirt. Emanage works great for fuel and I got spark working on it but the ignition has a few kinks to work out and I pretty much gave up.

I am looking at getting a kit to assemble but im not sure whats the best version out there for the 420a right now. I see alot of people running MS 1v3 but is MS 2 any better? Its not much more expensive but I dont want to get it if MS1v3 is just as good. I have compared the 2 systems and they really seem that different. I just want to know your opinion. Thanks guys

MS1 suffices for most people. MS2 support for the 420A is limited at this point, so while it has more features, there's less resources to use while installing and tuning it. Do you just need to control fuel and spark, or do you want to completely replace your stock ECU? You can do either with both MS1 and MS2, but it might be a little easier with MS2 once its more thoroughly developed for the 420A.

I will need fuel and spark. Thats good news for me since MS1 is cheaper. Im sure if I have heard of anyone using MS2 on a 420a. Im sure some are but I didn't find much info on it when searching for this answer.

I'm sure there are people using MS2 on the 420A too, but the firmware releases aren't fully stable yet.

Just go ahead and get MS1 once everything is figured out and supported with MS2 you can always switch the MS1 chip for a MS2 chip for $90-00. Thats what I am doing.

Just go ahead and get MS1 once everything is figured out and supported with MS2 you can always switch the MS1 chip for a MS2 chip for $90-00. Thats what I am doing.

I wasn't aware that could be done. Thanks for the info man.

It can be done for the most part, but you might need to do a little rewiring to fully take advantage of the MSII chip.

I am also looking to replace my SAFC and go with a full stand alone. Once i have the cash flow to support the swap. I have a Greddy emanage at my house right now, its the annodized blue box...i suppose the regular e-manage as compared to the ultimate. Is it worth installing? How easy is the program to use? I hear you can use the laptop right in the car, but im not sure how in depth the tuning process can be with that program. Also, i only have harness #1, and there are 2...do i need the second, or is that harness just for ignition, or maybe the one i have is for ignition...im lost, the greddy site doesnt help very much either as for what you absolutely need for fuel only.:dsm:

Sell the emanage, it works really well for tuning fuel but it still wont controll igintion effectively.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back