The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

MegaSquirt gurus help!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ok so I think I may have found my problem. Somehow the settings in Req fuel got changed to 360cc engine and 30lb injectors so I changed it back to 2000cc and 24lb injectors (stock).

Gonna load the map in the morning and see what happens.

A couple more new questions now tho LOL, my VE table starts at 500,800,1000 and my ignition 500,900,1500

Should I eliminate the 500? Seams like a waste cause it idles at about 900-1200 and if so what should my rpm increments be?

And the BIG question LOL. I'm getting ready for boost so how do I set up the second ve table?

Ok.. help me understand your setup. If your 420a, it should be like 1996cc (not a big deal)

You can move the 500 to like 700, you want cushion incase while shifting, it will know what to do.
Timing can start at the same place 700, they dont have to match.

Why do you have 2 maps? I used to think 2 maps was better, but Map switching has been a waste for most unless running differnt fuels etc. if your just boosting.. run 1 map. 100Kpa is no boost, i go : 100, 130, 160, 200, 240, 300. 160-300 theres very little afr change.. al around 11.5

Ok.. help me understand your setup. If your 420a, it should be like 1996cc (not a big deal)

You can move the 500 to like 700, you want cushion incase while shifting, it will know what to do.
Timing can start at the same place 700, they dont have to match.

Why do you have 2 maps? I used to think 2 maps was better, but Map switching has been a waste for most unless running differnt fuels etc. if your just boosting.. run 1 map. 100Kpa is no boost, i go : 100, 130, 160, 200, 240, 300. 160-300 theres very little afr change.. al around 11.5

Yeah it's 420a all forged internals. So yeah 1996cc is more accurate.

And 2 tables cause I thought I needed another one for boost? From what I've been reading guys are setting up a 100kpa+ table and have the regular table then they switch when the ecu sees boost. If that's not right then cool. Abuse it just ads confusion LOL. So how do I set up the ecu for boost? Or will it just see the positive pressure and add fuel?

My megasquirt is an MS2 with v3.0 board and a 3 bar map sensor

And got it on the changing the rpm on the tables. I was thinking it might have helped my idle to have the bottom 2 a little closer. I didInt think about dips while shifting and what not

Ya, dont make two tables. Start at like 20~30 Kpa, and work your way up. Conert 3 bar into Kpa, that will be your top bin value. I would break up the boost like i stated above for your Kpa area. You need to tune these too. other wise how will ms know what fuel to give? The boost bins will have more fuel then the rest. Those bins will adjust in AT to meed your AFR target. So be sure to set ## afr targets for boost too. Also have you tuned accell enrichments?

Ya, dont make two tables. Start at like 20~30 Kpa, and work your way up. Conert 3 bar into Kpa, that will be your top bin value. I would break up the boost like i stated above for your Kpa area. You need to tune these too. other wise how will ms know what fuel to give? The boost bins will have more fuel then the rest. Those bins will adjust in AT to meed your AFR target. So be sure to set ## afr targets for boost too. Also have you tuned accell enrichments?

Accel enrichment is only a high and low value and its 2000rpm low and 5000rpm high

Ok so on the boost side of things,

Do i convert 3bar or 4bar to kpa? cause my kpa reads like 97-98 with the engine off, I thought that was cause atmosphere pressure is 1 Bar So is that setting wrong?

and when your talking about starting the table at say 30kpa I dont see that anywhere, unless your talking about the left side column of numbers? cause mine says fuel load % and then the bottom is rpm. If its the left side then mine is currently at 30,35,40,45,50,55,60,65,70,75,75,80,85,90,95,98,100
so what 5 do i change to get to 320?

And next what should my target AFR be in boost?

Kpa is = to fuel load for this. Start at 20, then 300 at the top. 100 is static/Atmosphere. anything over 100 is boost. i do 100 kpa at 13.1 then 120 11.8 and then 11.5's for the rest for all the boost bins.

170 is ~ 10 psi.

dont forget to calibrate the map sensor.

Yeah i figured that out :D

finally got some time on the lap top with a wifi connection and have been reading for an hour or so now

Map calibration is ok, I think its an MPXH6300 and is 1.1 @0v and 315.5 @ 5v

does that sound right?

Do i convert 3bar or 4bar to kpa? cause my kpa reads like 97-98 with the engine off, I thought that was cause atmosphere pressure is 1 Bar So is that setting wrong?
That's right. 1 bar (atmospheric pressure) = 100kPa. 97-98kPa is close enough to 100kPa given your altitude, the tolerance of the pressure sensor, etc.

To the OP, when first starting off you should turn off all the extra settings you dont need right away like accel enrichments, afr/ego control, temp corrections, & tableswitching. Wait till you understand how everything works. The first thing you should be doing when setting up the tune is getting a nice steady idle. After then you can start messing with the other features. I know you said you already got it idling but im just adding this is in LOL.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back