The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Help me on my quest for 20+ psi on a BLT

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rengar18

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 8, 2009
Lancaster, California
So i've been trying to tackle this for some time now and I still cant get all the leaks fixed.

Currently I get about ~3 psi with the tester hooked up to the throttle body pipe and similar results with it clamped on the turbo inlet.

So far i've done:

TB Shaft Seals
New injector seals and orings
RTV'd my TB gaskets
Taboo Speed shop vacuum line removal (minus the EGR blockoff, I just rerouted the hoses, ordering a blockoff Monday)
New biss/cap
New gasket on my compressor cover
Rebuilt my 14b two months ago
Double clamped all my IC hoses

I test it with the air compressor set @ 20psi with the intake valves closed spraying soapy water all over (also have the pcv hose coming out the IM blocked when testing) and i'm getting the same results. All I hear is air in the general IM/TB area but I dont feel any air coming out from any place and the soapy water doesn't reveal anything.

Only thing I can think of thats still leaking is maybe the EGR since I dont have it blocked off with a plate just simply rerouted into itself OR the IM manifold gasket. When I rebuilt my motor 5 months ago I reused my old metal one and sprayed both sides with copper spray.

Also my compression is 150 150 150 160 and a leakdown came out fine. Give me some suggestions guys, thanks

it doesn't matter what position your camshafts are in for the BLT - as long as you are timed correctly.
make sure you are testing after the turbo, as sometimes the turbo leaks internally and bubbles up thru the oil return into your crankcase.
also, only a FACTORY OEM MITSUBISHI PCV valve will hold boost. otherwise, you need a one way valve inbetween the valve and your intake manifold.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back