The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Help gst wont start rebuilt engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my-dsmhate'sme

Probationary Member
Oct 3, 2008
perris, California
oh k so i put in my rebuilt, thought i put everything in correctly but the spark plugs aren't sparking, the firing order is right, starter good.........where did i go wrong? electrical, ground, fuel any ideas please help!

If the spark plugs arent 'sparking' (assuming you've done something to see a visible arc with the boots off) you'll want to start troubleshooting ignition components before checking fuel etc. Also you'll want to make sure there is no oil in your spark wells. If there is no spark the first steps would be to check fuses, wiring, connections at the coils, make sure the cas is plugged up and you've got everything grounded.

update check all wires again.......... I'm not getting any fuel there was no power to the fuel pump......so i cut the positive wire to by pass it using a long wire to got straight to the battery to the pump and now its pumping but still no spark WTF? i must not have something obviously hooked up wrong any please help

coil pack and a/c compressor have same style electrical connector -- sounds like you may have 'em backwards. Check cam angle sensor connecotr as well -- no cam signal -- no sparky sparky.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back