The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

rebuilt motor, first start, wont start! HELP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skatershawn

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 27, 2009
Austin, Texas
Ok so i have everything done and ready to start.....plugged everything, primed the motor of oil and coolent... and tried to start it over..... ONE thing... not sure if this has to do with the problem but it sounds like the ISC is making a clicking noise!

Next the car will start and run for maybe about 5 secs on starting fluid... but onces thats gone it dies..

Then when it IS on my boost gauge is in the neg (-) when i push the gas it goes like to -20....

Finially my fuel pressure regulator is not reading any kind of pressure!
im thinking im not getting fuel.... seeing that it runs with the starter fluid and then shuts off.

I did put a NEW Walbro pump in..
I did take the old gas out and JUST put four gallons of super unleaded!!
I DIDNT drop the tank and "clean" it, i did siphon the gas!!
i didnt change the fuel filter, which i SHOULD have, but i guess i will do that first!
I wanted to check the fuse and relay for the fuel pump cause i read a thread of someone had this problem last week and it was his relay... but can find the relay!

i didn't check the voltage to the pump nor the injectors due to the fact i dont have a voltmeter!!

if someone could please help i would be more than thankful.... i haven't had my own car in a little over a year and i have put thousands of dollars and time into this... i just want to drive my own car for now... then go from there!!!!

thanks

Shawn

how about this. last week I had the same problem. what I did was check the power wire to the fuel pump with a light tester then cranked the motor the light lit up. hmmm so I made a jumper wire to the ground wire to the fuel pump that did it. I had a bad ground after I did a ecu and wire harness swap. try this it might take about 5 seconds of cranking. also your ecu needs to be grounded and not sitting on the carpet. hope this helps.

OK... SOOoo I replaced the MPI... The ECU... and the Fuel pump is Brand NEW and tested...

I tested the fuel pump power source and NO power getting down to the pump!!!
WHAT COULD IT BE?
A Wire short!
I was told to jump my ground to a good spot and cause this dude (97spyder210) had the same issue! Im planning on doing this once i get home from work! Do you think this will help any?

IF thats NOT the problem what else could there be wrong??
They car ran fine with the old engine in it now i do this 6bolt swap and im not getting power to my pump!
i can understand why it would be shorted out now if that is the issue!

Please Help!
im in dire need of my car!!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back