The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

rebuilt engin wont start

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pr0_re

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 11, 2003
B-more
i just finished rebuilding my engine i tried starting it Friday and i had fuel leaks from the injectors, so i got new orings and those leaked. i then went to the junkyard to get some injectors with stock o rings but they only had n/t. i put those in and it ran kinda of as long as i had my foot on the gas i let it run for like 2 seconds and cut it off because it sounds like a tractor. i have the emmtions stuff un hooked allthe vacuum ports that arnt used have been, plugged the pcv is on but not hooked up i just plugged the port. ignition timing is at 5 degrees. also oilpresure takes a a few seconds to get up but once it comes the engine wants to start. wheen it is running it dose not miss there arnt any check engine lights. the my theory is that the injectors are to small any one else have a guess.

N/T injectors are alot smaller than turbo injectors. Try replacing them with stock injectors(5 speed- 450 cc....Auto- 390 cc).

i was thinking that waas the problem and ive alredy ordered new orings from the dealerill put i get them tomorow

the O rings aren't the problem ... the injectors are just too small. For O rings I usually go to ace hardware and buy them for like $.31 each instead of almost $2 each at the dealer.

the injectors are the same physical size and use the same o rings i was able to pull the orings off the injectors and put them on my original injectors. the wastgate was also not hooked up both of these problems have now been fixed however now im getting a harsh vibration while im trying to start it around 400 rpms and it wont go past that to start. i thought i was hearing a hissing so im trying to find someone to help me look for vacuum leaks

You still using those N/T injectors? Get them replaced with turb injectors if you want your car to run right. Remember, eliminate all problems you know about then work from there ;) .

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back